Mars Challenger V1.0 > MCO Early Discussions

Ranks in the colony

<< < (2/7) > >>

geoffcartwright:
real nice thought there hyper, sounds good and workable

pad69:

--- Quote from: Hyper on September 13, 2009, 06:28:26 PM ---One of the methods I thought of to make sure the noobs dont mess up too bad is to check who all is on and make the temporary command fall to the highest ranking member online at the time. So if a higher rank logged on then they would assume some command duties. That would give points to who ever is in command towars promotions. Promotions would be a combination of time in game, jobs accomplished, command time.

NASA / Military style seems to be best IMHO so I think I will go with that.

--- End quote ---
Nice Idea I like that Idea. :)

rider:
I like what thedubman said i think that would work best

--- Quote ---How about if the option was given to mission commanders to either enable roles or allow everyone to do as they wish (would allow for serious planned missions, or 'open server')..
It may be the case that players would want to join and do there own thing, or players would like to start as rookie and build up there experiance to do other specific jobs..
It could be problematic to have 10 rookies running about, being frustrated cause they cant (not allowed) to use a rover etc, when the mission commander is offline, also in the same context you wouldnt want rookies running amok with rovers etc..
--- End quote ---

geoffcartwright:
ranks i think an overall mission commander and different levels of skills plus a few other ranks following on from nasa etc. Different permissions for different ranks, a cadet for instance shoudlnt be able to drive rovers... maybe use need the drivers skill to operate a rover.

rider:

--- Quote ---ranks i think an overall mission commander and different levels of skills plus a few other ranks following on from nasa etc. Different permissions for different ranks, a cadet for instance shoudlnt be able to drive rovers... maybe use need the drivers skill to operate a rover
--- End quote ---

If hyper Could and that would be great like I was saying in the other post I made

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version