Mars Challenger V1.0 > MCO Early Discussions

Anyone still play the mars colony Demo?

(1/4) > >>

Eldruin:
do any of you guys still play the demo version sometimes?
iam a bit confused about playing the demo online!, can you actually join a game in progress? or is the reason i cant join games because  they neglect to set the forward ports? i read on this forum that you can join games in the demo but every time i try i get the timeout error...

also, i play often (use same name for player i use on forum here) iam sure i forwarded the ports for this silly router to 28000-28002 but no one ever joins. so i assume i may have done it incorrectly or no one try's :-\

oh and i have set this computer to a static IP, and set the forward the that IP.
and maybe another problem, i got a few computers on this network and when we search through LAN it connects, but use the search over net and it no longer connects, that's what makes me think it might be set incorrectly!.

Ivanpet:
You has get the timeout error.. because hosting server has incorrect setings for portforwarding or/and firewall rules.

Eldruin:
so if the hosts port is set correctly you can join ?

Marco2001:
Yes. (usualy that is :D)

Eldruin:
aww.. so not many actually set the ports correctly  :-[
no one really answered my question, do any of you still play it sometimes?

i did get one that was connecting once, but i don't think the person knew about Ctrl N :-\

hmm... did a bit of googling and discovered what perhaps my problem is, i have a belkin router with multiple internal IPs and to test if my port forwarding was working i tryed hosting a game and trying to loop back through the modem to join via wan to lan on the other PC. apparently belkin routers dont like or allow this for some silly security reason.

so i have absolutely no idea if anyone can join my server :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version