Mars Challenger V1.0 > Mars Colony:Challenger

RELEASE BUGS AND ISSUES FOR 1.06

(1/4) > >>

Hyper:
Bugs.... other subjects, opinions and general chat use a different topic...

rditto48801:
I got around to playing some MC:C tonight.

bug or feature?
When cleaning the Seperator, the waste level of the Valves seems to occasionally spike to a negative value.
Two times I seemed to end up with a little more waste in the waste container than there should be.
One example (from the last time I cleaned the Seperator) 0.52 (Valve) + 1.1 (Filter) = 1.7 (in waste container). That's basically a 'free' 0.08 unit of chemical waste.

bug or feature?
The external lights are on during the day.

Issue.
Sounds are still fairly low in game.
I keep hearing the occasional 'crackle' or 'pop', almost like a brief split second bit of static or something.
The console shows no mention of 'random sounds' when these occur, so I am guessing it is just a side effect of having my volume turned up a good bit due to in game volume being so low.

rditto48801:
Another brief bug report.
I previously reported an issue where I would get a pressure/O2/CO2 mix warning, take 9 damage and then get a message that pressure/O2/CO2 was normal again.
I had it happen again, and I think I am might have a probably cause.
The doorways. I was heading past the plant processor, entering the 'corridor' heading to the bio lab hub when it hit. At least one other time I also recall 'leaving' the central part of the farm hub when it occurred.

One previous issue I mentioned (in 1.05) that radiation levels 'changed' when going through an inner airlock doorway. 

Is it possible the same basic thing is at fault for the air mixture issue is at fault?
That there is some sliver of a spot in the doorways that, if hit at the right time, causes the game to 'think' the player is actually outside without protection for a single 'tick' of the game checking the player's 'immediate surroundings/environment'?

Hyper:
Yes the doorways have been an issue but I added a secondary check and that issue should be fixed. We had lots of problems in beta with that sort of thing. I will look at doing it a different way. It still does it in random places/times so it is something I will address.

rditto48801:
A bug I stumbled upon by accident.
Accidentally clicking on a door switch for an open door twice will result in the door remaining open, yet the switch will still read green/safe. Doing it multiple times has the door remain green/safe so long as the door is not fully closed.

This does not appear to affect a door starting in the closed position, the button goes red/open the moment the button is pressed and the door starts to open, yet switches to green/safe if the button is pressed a second time to close the door again.

If the door is closed, and then opened with a press of the button, then the button pushed to close it before it is fully opened, and quickly pressing the button a third time to open it before it closes all the way, the door will remain open with the button reading green/safe.

I have not dared to test to see if this will allow for both doors in an airlock to open at the same time, or if the bug is just with what the door button shows.

Edit: One other observation. I got a deposit tested at Nickle 3.000, but after two full ore boxes, it seems to have only increased Nickle supply by about 2 units total (at 2.8, had 0.6 before iirc).
Is this a bug or bad luck with the rng? I will take note of if the next two change it much (both of my augers are on an Olvine deposit right now) (edit 4: first load brought it up to 4.0, so just 1.2)(edit 5: second load brought it up to 5.2, so roughly 1.2 per load).

Edit 2:
On the subject of augers, one thing I forgot about until now.
Bug or feature? Having an auger on a speed greater than 1 will do damage it when retracting the drill to depth 0. (Remembered it when noticing the auger that has some extra drill wear on it when preparing it to be relocated)

Edit 3:
Bug or feature? When setting the Auger for 0.00 depth , when it reaches 0 depth, it stays on and the drill keeps turning. (noticed when preparing to mount it on a rover and relocate it)

Edit 5:
Bug or feature? Mineral resources are not added to storage until after the ore processor has finished the entire load of ore it was processing.

Edit 6: Tweaked post format a little

Edit 7:
Two more bugs/issues I strayed across after some mining.
First, when removing Potassium from storage, it went from 1.8 to 0.79999, probably more if the list was able to handle longer numbers.

The second issue... which made me sad.
Above Potassium was the last thing I needed to finally make some NPK Fertilizer.
After making two, I got curious as the items had the same icons as the other repair kits.
A right click shows it has a 'blank' entry, and the cancel option.
The game does not recognize them as fertilizer. I tried a few places (planter, algae nutrient recipe, fertilizer storage), and nothing. Kind of disappointing after spending a while to move a total of 16 units each of the needed elements into the base. (first in biolab, then in fabrication after remembering it was made in the fabrication desk not the chemistry desk... so 24 trips total...).
So I know have a pair of 'useless' NPK Fertilizer taking up a slot in one of the fabrication storage cabinets...

An update of  an earlier bug/issue, of rover lights not illuminating the ground when going down hill. I have to go over a hill to get to my latest mining location, and noticed items like the augers are still illuminated properly by the rover lights, even though the ground remains dark.

Edit 8:
After doing a little work and exiting (to 'save and quit and reload'), one of the last thing I did was make another batch of NPK fertilizer, for the heck of it. After quitting to the main menu, and re-entering the mission, the P and K was back in my inventory. When I went to exit out again to save and get a copy of the log, the game crashed while exiting the mission. I made a copy of the console log.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version