Mars One > First manned mission to Mars

Release 0.37

(1/4) > >>

Hyper:
POSTED
WARNING you must delete the old database files
c:/users/yourname/appdata/roaming/marsone  delete marsdata folder. The game will install a new set of datafiles.
You will have to start over, sorry.....

Charge EVA from rover now takes ox and meth from rover fuel
In keeping with the nature of a sim.. after the first mission, we learned how to protect travelers from radiation better so mission 2 you get a 5% better shield and mission 3 will be 10%.
This version will require a database change so I may have you just delete the old one and the game will install a new one or I can just overwrite the one affected. Will notify you on release.
Getting out of bed should no longer cause injury.
Zeus will spawn randomly on a reset with blackbox
Zeus will now allow pickup of black box and download to computer to expose what it found.
BlackBox will stay in the world for duration of game.
Augers can now be set off rover anywhere. Be careful not to set on other gear.
Augers will dump remaining material if set to 0 depth. Cheat here was load to 200 then take to base.
Ore Processor will now load and save proper quantity of minerals.

spaceman20290:
Game keeps closing down when I try to enter the mission and it begins loading. Text on the loading screen says loading mission file before it crashes.
Did you change the database files? Post the last few lines of log file. You may have to use Hyper to start get in game, log out to desktop then run the game and make a new character.

spaceman20290:
Here are the last few lines of the console, just as I was entering the mission.

Initializing platform...
Input Init:
   keyboard0 input device created.
   mouse0 input device created.
   DirectInput enabled.

Done
SFXALProvider - OpenAL not available.
GFX Init:
   Direct 3D (version 9.x) device found
   Null device found

DebugDrawer Enabled!
Missing file: avatar.cs!
--------- Loading DIRS ---------
Missing file: levels/main.cs!
Error: Unable to find specified directory: levels
Missing file: scripts/main.cs!
Error: Unable to find specified directory: scripts
Missing file: tools/main.cs!
Error: Unable to find specified directory: tools

--------- Parsing Arguments ---------
Engine initialized...

As for the files to delete, I don't have an app data folder in that location. Everything I have is kept in my Mars One folder which I have in my downloads folder so I can get to it easier. I have been doing this since I started playing. With each new version, I delete the entire folder and my progress along with it then install and extract the new Mars One folder into my downloads folder.
If you will look in your users directory you will find marsone/marsdata that is the only place the code reads and writes
Everyone has a users directory if you run windows
In the log file look for this UPDATE COUNTER just below that is the database load/fail info

spaceman20290:
Got it working, sorry for all the trouble Hyper. For some reason the appdata folder was not showing up in my folder, I had to use the search bar to locate the marsdata folder. Anyways, I deleted the folder and got the game working.

Bugs:

1: Toilet does not work properly, when you press use the bar does not show any progress and if you press done it closes the menu and you can not reopen it because it says "you don't have enough fluids in your body,"

2 : Air scrubber does not seem to work right, it only will filer CO2 when you press the stir button.
It does filter but at times it will need a stir. If you remember the Apollo 13 mission (movie) they mentioned the stir. What happens is the pack that does the filtration saturates with co2 and when you stir it shakes off the bad stuff. It is not a major issue to have it there mostly I put it in for when you run out of power and it shuts down. Then you get in a panic situation with too much co2 in the cabin.

3: The plates and drink glasses have a strange texture like they are missing it or something. The space food plate is all brown.

LostMartian:

--- Quote ---Got it working, sorry for all the trouble Hyper. For some reason the appdata folder was not showing up in my folder, I had to use the search bar to locate the marsdata folder. Anyways, I deleted the folder and got the game working.
--- End quote ---

The AppData folder is normally a hidden folder. If you can't see hidden files and folders, you're not going to be able see or open AppData. You can do an internet search to learn how to unhide hidden files and folders.

Its good to hear that you managed to find your way to your files despite this trouble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version