Mars One > First manned mission to Mars

Release 0.37

<< < (2/4) > >>

LostMartian:
I've completed phase one again.

Doing the first phase seems to take two to three hours. Two hours if you are lucky and know what your are doing. Three hours might be a good target to aim for if you were setting up a score.

I was able to find the Zeus rover. I didn't find it until I went out of my way to look for it. I found it at about x 530 and y 232. Are the location is currently randomized? I wasn't able to see it until I was on top of a tall hill. I was able to retrieve the data core and upload the data. The core vanished after I uploaded it.
Yes the location will be random but the box should not disappear.

I was able to find 8 resources via GPR in my last game. The game did not appear to count icewater twice (I had 2 water pumps setup); I needed core samples of 3 other drill sites before I was credited as having done the resource survey.

The water separator works better now, but there are some new bugs. When I tried divert 0.5 water to the tank while the separator had 0.15 units of water, the separator became -0.40 units of water. After dumping a full water can (5.00 units of water), the separator was filled to 5.00 units of water (like it had forgotten that it had -0.40 units of water).
Needs a zero trap, will add that

In another test, I was using divert 0.1 units of water, but got only 0.08 units moved over on the first tick. The second tick finished filling the tank, but left the separator with something like 3.83 units of water (I expected the separator to be some multiple of 0.05). Somehow I lost some water. I'll do this test again with the farm module once I play again later.

Is it possible to use the separator to only filter water for the tank? I don't think we can do that right now.
The filtered water is a by product of the separation process. There is not much necessity for huge volume of filtered water so I never thought much more on that. I do want to make the filtration part have more meaning cause the impurities in the ground water need to go somewhere.

Cleaning the separator filter doesn't seem to do much good right now. After cleaning it, it will return to 2.0 units of gunk after a few moments.

AC_Black:
Not able to sit in the chairs above EVA room.   Sit down, then click the done and I fall through the floor to EVA room.   That is both chairs.  Beds seem to be fine do not fall through floor.

Fuel tank will not fill up as the Meth is full and Ox is not.  Sep keeps shutting down.   Can just stand there and click the power on, starts both OX and Meth go up by a few points then shuts down again.

Not able to find Rover.  Have done all of the highest hills looking nothing.

All other missions seem to work just fine.

Only 5 resources came up, 2 ice, 2 ore, 1 unknown.

Total time now is 3hr 10 mins.
edit:
Found Rover lol   nice hiding spot,  Mission #1 complete according to the lap top.   No notice of completion?   Have a message on lap top about Ox in hab low mission crid, cannot find the valve to send Ox to hab?

does the fuel tanks for both Ox and Meth have to be showing full.   As the Meth is showing full, Ox is about 4/5ths full?

LostMartian:

--- Quote ---Fuel tank will not fill up as the Meth is full and Ox is not.  Sep keeps shutting down.   Can just stand there and click the power on, starts both OX and Meth go up by a few points then shuts down again.
--- End quote ---

The separator doesn't have a methane tank. You must be thinking of another device, a sabatier. The rocket has one. You shouldn't need more than 300.00 oxygen and 112.50 methane to launch the rocket. Technically, you can launch the rocket with slightly less than that, but you'll have a negative value for oxygen starting in the next phase.

--- Quote ---Only 5 resources came up, 2 ice, 2 ore, 1 unknown.
--- End quote ---

I don't know how you got that information. Do you not know how to do surveying? Did the rover computer provide that information after you uploaded the computer?

There is a process for doing surveying. You can take a surface sample by pressing 'g'. I recommend you take them 150 meters apart in a grid like fashion. Surface samples can tell you what resources are nearby. Take the surface samples to the LIBS and scan them.

The next step is take the GPR and use a charge near a location where the surface sample said resources where about 10.00 units or more. I wouldn't set the charge right next to them as it becomes difficult to tell the surface samples and GPR shots apart.

If you get any hits, you can use the core drill to dig a hole at the hit site and take a sample. Go dig a hole slightly deeper than the GPR hit says its depth is and take a sample. You will need to raise the drill afterwards to get the sample to move the drill to another site.

You can press F1 to bring up the help guide. Its slightly out of date, so you will need to improvise on some lessons.

--- Quote ---Have a message on lap top about Ox in hab low mission crid, cannot find the valve to send Ox to hab?
--- End quote ---

You might need to stir the filters in the air scrubber. The air gets bad after a while.

The air filter should be taking the oxygen it needs from the separator automatically.

AC_Black:

--- Quote from: LostMartian on December 28, 2019, 08:46:09 PM ---
--- Quote ---Fuel tank will not fill up as the Meth is full and Ox is not.  Sep keeps shutting down.   Can just stand there and click the power on, starts both OX and Meth go up by a few points then shuts down again.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The separator doesn't have a methane tank. You must be thinking of another device, a sabatier. The rocket has one. You shouldn't need more than 300.00 oxygen and 112.50 methane to launch the rocket. Technically, you can launch the rocket with slightly less than that, but you'll have a negative value for oxygen starting in the next phase.
--- End quote ---

Hey LostMartian:  Thanks for the info.   You are right it is the ship fuel tank I am talking about, and the laptop says 400 units of Ox  112.50 meth.    BUT the Oxygen was over 350 and Meth was full at about 124.80.   Anyway I paused the game for a coffee came back and it had started the next mission page.   So cannot say what the story is lol.

--- Quote ---Only 5 resources came up, 2 ice, 2 ore, 1 unknown.
--- End quote ---
   Did 4 gpr's around the base, about 100 m apart N,S,E,W from the base center.    Did not find the Rover until I had completed all but the Rover.   And I can confirm that the black box does disappear as soon as you download the info into Laptop.

I don't know how you got that information. Do you not know how to do surveying? Did the rover computer provide that information after you uploaded the computer?

There is a process for doing surveying. You can take a surface sample by pressing 'g'. I recommend you take them 150 meters apart in a grid like fashion. Surface samples can tell you what resources are nearby. Take the surface samples to the LIBS and scan them.

The next step is take the GPR and use a charge near a location where the surface sample said resources where about 10.00 units or more. I wouldn't set the charge right next to them as it becomes difficult to tell the surface samples and GPR shots apart.

If you get any hits, you can use the core drill to dig a hole at the hit site and take a sample. Go dig a hole slightly deeper than the GPR hit says its depth is and take a sample. You will need to raise the drill afterwards to get the sample to move the drill to another site.

You can press F1 to bring up the help guide. Its slightly out of date, so you will need to improvise on some lessons.

--- Quote ---Have a message on lap top about Ox in hab low mission crid, cannot find the valve to send Ox to hab?
--- End quote ---

You might need to stir the filters in the air scrubber. The air gets bad after a while.
--- End quote ---

Did the stirs 10 times on everyone of the units I could, Info says to open valve on water separator to transfer Oxygen to hab.  what can I say.

--- Quote ---The air filter should be taking the oxygen it needs from the separator automatically.

--- End quote ---

My guess is that the information on the lap top is not getting the right info lol..

AC_Black:
Mission #2 Farm

got started in Mission #2 Started Farm gen set to 60% power, turned on air and heat (temp set to 10 for farm hab), got water pumps working, then started to fuel Rocket.   Back to Farm Hab and upstairs to get seeds checking the soil was good.   There are no seeds in the seed cabinet upstairs. No fertilizer either.

No water container or fertilizer container?   Can use the water container from first mission, but still need fertilizer container. 

No resupply of food or meds?  (used 2 rads while looking for the Rover) :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version