Mars One > First manned mission to Mars

Release 0.38

(1/2) > >>

Hyper:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR 0.38
Make sure you can see hidden files and folders.
Go to c:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\marsone  and delete everything in that folder.
Sorry we have to start over for this to work. You can save your current data directory and I can show you how to recover your place.
Run the game your character should be named Pilot use that one or make a new character.
What SHOULD happen is in the AppData\roaming\marsone folder you will see a directory called Pilot with marsdata in it. Each new character you create will have it's own folder in that directory. You can now have other people playing or you can have multiple characters at different points.

Please let me know you can do this and that it works. 

Computer will now show Farm Hab environment.
Water tanks should work properly now
Equipment like pumps, gpr etc should show on the map correctly
Mission score system is being developed.
Habitation modules lights a bit brighter now.
Added a /time command so you can get local mars time.
BIG UPDATE .. I think I got new players to have their own mission so you can run multiple people/players and each one has a private mission. Still testing but works so far.

Hyper:
Ok first thing I find. If you get in the mission quit to main menu, make a new character then go back in there is an issue. So log out to desktop, get in game, create new player then get in game. If you have issue doing this just quit to desktop get back in and it should be ok.

LostMartian:
How odd. I was getting crashes the first few times I tried playing. I couldn't even select a player and get in. Now it seems to be running fine.
There should have been only one player called "Pilot"

AC_Black:
Hyper, not able to see the new download for 0.38 :(     

LostMartian:
There seems to be a bug related to playing as one character, exiting the map, then switching to play as another character. It makes the game not work in strange ways.
As I stated in the release notes that is a issue. Log to desktop then get in and make a character.

In my last instance, I tried switching characters twice, and now my character has fallen through the earth (or should I say mars) until it found a bottom. I'm now looking up at the hab module and rocket.
Twice as in log in,out,in,out,in ?
I duplicated this, will fix next version

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version