Author Topic: Mine Facility  (Read 11960 times)

geoffcartwright

• Captain
Re: Mine Facility
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »
nicely said kronos

pad69

• Mission Commander
  • The Robe Rules
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 03:27:29 PM »
Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator... dont leave home without one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioisotope_thermoelectric_generator

I see micro nuke reactors as a way to power small things and keep containment. RTG type power units have been around for a while now and will probably be enhanced in the next 10 to 20 years.

Yes just like the portable anaquada generators in Stargate and Stargate Atlantis and now Stargate Universe. lol ;D
Murphy's Law applies "Anything that can possibly go wrong, does." or some say it this way "If anything can go wrong, it will.

pad69

• Mission Commander
  • The Robe Rules
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 03:30:43 PM »
Hi newbie here that really enjoys the demo.

I like the idea of having to assemble the auger on-site. Will the rover be capable of transporting the pieces of the auger with the extra payload room in the future?

Just some questions/ideas:

With the discussion on radiation, I was wondering if proton storms from Solar flares and CME's would be included into the game/simulator in the future? I figure they'd be much rarer than the current brief, minor sandstorms already in the game/simulator, but would potentially be more dangerous. Perhaps you'd have to take shelter in a specific Solar flare storm shelter of some kind quickly for more severe proton storms and CME's, but you'd get maybe a few 3-15 minutes heads-up as they can in fact be detected on average a couple of hours (though occasionally much shorter) before reaching Earth, so longer probably for Mars.

While on the topic of storms, I was wondering if there were plans to introduce the rare major sandstorm, that could do damage to equipment outside, let alone people outside, but you'd have plenty of forewarning before it arrived. Sometimes sandstorms on Mars last for several weeks or months, and block out massive amounts of light, even near all of it, and would produce a lot of static electricity.

I've been wondering also if a rover, more like the Lunar Electric Rover might be added to the game/simulator in the future. The LER being capable of transporting a couple astronauts over 100 miles over a 14 day period sure seems like a significant improvement over the rover in the game/simulator currently. Not to mention the LER chassis being able to be a platform for cranes and other construction equipment necessities. Oh, and can't forget the what I consider genius; suitports.

I really like what you've got here so far. Though the game certainly is geared towards multiplay which is fine, I plan on maybe joining in on a test session soon, I think that would be fun.

Excellent and welcome!
Murphy's Law applies "Anything that can possibly go wrong, does." or some say it this way "If anything can go wrong, it will.