Author Topic: Hints and Help  (Read 4231 times)

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
Hints and Help
« on: April 10, 2009, 07:35:05 PM »
I will start this post to help some of the people running the sim. I notice some of you are having problems.
Ask questions here and I will try to help you. Meanwhile here is a couple tips.

READ THE DOCS!!! Each install of the sim has a doc file. Use Start > all Programs > Mars Colony > Mars Colony Help.
Or you can go to www.hyperkat.com/colonyets.html and read the docs online.

1. The first thing you should do is fire up the ERV fuel generator. It is located at the base of the ERV. When you get 3500 units of oxygen and 1000 units of methane you can launch and end the mission.

2. Scores are a big issue. You wont get a score till you launch and end the mission. I notice alot of people running the sim for hours and never end it with a launch score.

3. If you want to run a master server and want others to join your missions you need to set port forwarding on your computer TheDubMan found this link for us http://majorgeeks.com/Simple_Port_Forwarding_d5999.html

4. GPR - Ground Penetrating Radar. There are actual 3D objects below the ground. If you get a radar ping ( shown as red dots on the map ) move around the dot in all directions at least 50 meters away and take more readings. The shape of the object can be seen easier. Hit the 4 corners around the dot. Draw a line between the dots and that will be the size and shape of the object. Find the center and drill away.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 08:54:41 AM by Hyper »

ENGUS

• Private
Re: Hints and Help
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 09:40:17 PM »
Just to note that running in window mode is a bad idea...
...if in window mode there is no cancel and launch buttons, the boxes don't show all text :(
so load it in full screen :) (if only someone had told me that sooner lol)

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 11:13:00 PM »
Yeah some of the dialog boxes dont do well since we missed a few relative adjustments. It should all work at 1024 x 768 since that was the resolution on development.
Have you signed up for the online version yet?

bcmckenna

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 01:33:59 PM »
HELP!!!!

I am stuck in the rover driving around and can not get out. Any suggestions.

thedubman

• Mission Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 02:32:26 PM »
I guess you allready tried Ctrl-e key combo?

Failing that try exiting, quiting , continuing..

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 04:29:41 PM »
You going to get into the Online Colony with us?