Author Topic: Technical prob: unable to connect  (Read 4578 times)

Hank

Technical prob: unable to connect
« on: April 17, 2010, 06:34:24 AM »
I am almost certain to be the only one with this error, but I hope to find some help here. Anytime I try to connect within the demo to a server it says: Your connection to the server has timed out! I tried it without any firewalls, same result. A friend told me, either my PC or my connection is to slow so I get refused by the server. Is there a minimum upload/download rate requirement regarding the connection speed (I have a 6 Mbit DSL connection, with 5,5 Mbit down and 0,5 Mbit up)? My PC is a rather old AMD Athlon 2,8Ghz, 768MB Ram, 128Mb Graphics board, my DirectX9c version-number is 4.09.0000.0904 (wich is probably not the august-2009-version?). Will this be sufficient to get the multiplayer mode to work? Hope that someone can help me on this...

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
Re: Technical prob: unable to connect
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 11:38:03 AM »
If you are running the demo there must be a server to connect to or it will give you that message.
You can't connect to MCO with the demo.

Hank

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 01:08:32 PM »
If you are running the demo there must be a server to connect to or it will give you that message.
You can't connect to MCO with the demo.

There were servers up when I tried to connect with the demo (to the demo). Since I still have that "missing TSR package" error when trying to connect in MCO (only when server is up, of course), I tried to play the demo in multiplayer mode, but with no luck at all.

Hank

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 06:31:54 AM »
OK, thanks to Geoff hosting a game I could resolve my problem with the multiplayer mode in the demo. I was able to connect, the problem was that I always tried to connect to "wild" servers, that didn't opened port 28000 so the problem was not on my side  :o.  I have port 28000 opened for TCP and UDP and I'm able to connect now even with firewall on. Multiplayer mode worked almost flawlessly, even with my outdated PC and it was absolutely great fun to work as a team (we were a crew of 3).

Now I'm hoping to get MCO to work, with wich I'm still not able to connect. I do believe it has to do with my current directx9c version, so it would be nice if someone who uses directx9c august 2009 version could post me the version number wich can be read with the dxdiag tool of windows. I also attached a screenshot of the error message, it says I "don't have the correct version of the FPS starter kit"...

geoffcartwright

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 03:47:30 PM »
hi hank try this.

directX redist download 9.0c august

Ivanpet

• MCOTest
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 04:11:24 PM »
directx9.0c_nov2008_redist