Author Topic: Floating Text  (Read 4394 times)

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
Floating Text
« on: April 26, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »
Could we get experience and updates on how much "money" we gain after tasks in floating text on the hud that fades out after a second or so.?

thedubman

• Mission Commander
Re: Floating Text
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:51:55 PM »
...what about having all data (Health etc, compass, minimap.)  "projected"  on Visor? like a HUD, animate some distortion now and and again, loss of when power reaches low level. Or is that overkill?

Ivanpet

• MCOTest
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 06:27:01 AM »
I think will be nice to be a set of missions and experience point recieving after mision acomplised
of course xp point must be factor from dificulty level of mission.

Ivanpet

• MCOTest
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 06:30:14 AM »
I know about skill points and rank is only for testing now...but I have a sugesstion :
temporary ROVER repair provide 2 points as well as complete repair at garage.
I think complete repair must provide more points than temporary.

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:49:27 AM »
I will address these issues after the bugs get fixed. There are lots of ways this could go and issues to look at. Someone just crashes the rover over and over and fix it they get points, unfair to the others. Cheats will be a thing to look at.

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 04:19:24 PM »
...what about having all data (Health etc, compass, minimap.)  "projected"  on Visor? like a HUD, animate some distortion now and and again, loss of when power reaches low level. Or is that overkill?
I like that very much.

Just so you know, it is a lot of work for the graphics and coding department to animate a HUD crash to look "realistic", so I wouldn't look for that until V1.0

thedubman

• Mission Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 04:32:10 PM »
True, It would be.. but could cheat a little, dont distort text, switch on and off quick,bit of static fuzz animated over menu... just mindless thoughts lol,.. all in good time..