Author Topic: New consoles proposal - Idea  (Read 5695 times)

Marco2001

• Mission Commander
New consoles proposal - Idea
« on: November 15, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »

New consoles proposal

In the Communications & Weather module we have 2 consoles now. There are a few other consoles I suggest adding:

1) Crew Monitoring Station - It shows the information about current location of all players but that's not all. This console would show you how much radiation they had, and what's the total time of they'r EVA. It also shows how much oxygen and power thei'r EVA-suit has. Morover - this console shows vital signs (Blood preasure + Heart rate which would suggest how much Health and Stamina they have) + body temperature, EVA temperature and outside temperature. By checking the body temp. you can quickly determine if the person is sick. EVA-suit and outside temp. is purely for monitoring of the situation. Each suit could also show on the monitoring station what preasure there is. Crew Monitoring Station shows is someone has EVA-suit ON or OFF. Using this station commanders can coordinate actions, and players can count for a quick rescue/help mission. It would also be a good idea for the Crew Monitoring Station to show other data: like comm.link ON/OFF (wheather they are near the comm tower) PING (players ping - it shows the delay of data transmited from colony computer to players, but in reality it shows how much LAG the player has), status (shows what type of action is someone doying: like IDLE - no action reported to the system in 5 min. MOVEMENT, ACTION - player is currently using some kind of equipement, EMERGENCY - if avatar is in trouble or player has connection problems.

2) Radiation Monitoring - shows current radiation and Solar Flare threat. When a solar flare accurs it shows the remaining time and the flares sthrengt (Solar flares are classified as A, B, C, M or X according to the peak flux (in watts per square meter, W/m2)).

3) Earth Link Station - it shows the status of the connection with Earth (data transmission) that is crucial for some base actions. It can be offline while there is a solar flare or dust-storm or other events. Earth Link Station shows the connection to Phobos Base, Satelite-Net and Earth itself. If for instance you have no connection with Phobos Base, you cannot order a shuttle with materials and equipement. When you have no Satelite-Net link, you won't have connection with your outpost (like mining outpost) that are out of the reach of Comm.Towers.

Poland here. My time: GMT + 1h
Writing a book about Mars. Any ideas? Type to me.
I'am an Astrobiology/Biology student.

pad69

• Mission Commander
  • The Robe Rules
Re: New consoles proposal - Idea
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 04:43:46 AM »
nice
Murphy's Law applies "Anything that can possibly go wrong, does." or some say it this way "If anything can go wrong, it will.

Marco2001

• Mission Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 06:49:01 AM »
4) Module controle station - here you can open the doors (air-locks) to each module. You can also set other parameters like: Lights On/Off, Temperature to the module (why waste power to the module that doesn't need it?), air-wentilation, power suply, water acces. Here you can also monitore O2/CO2 in the air, and (de)presurize modules if needed.

Marco2001

• Mission Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 07:55:27 AM »
5) Astronavigations console
This console is used when a player wants to check the position of all celestial bodies to each other.
It can be used for example, to determine what is currently beying seen on the night sky from Mars.
It's not only interesting and entertaining but it also gives valuable information that would be needed for a long-away trip from the base.
Another good use is that space-ships could be marked there which would alow you to determine where is "Mars-Cycler" ship (there are 3 of them, routing continously earth-mars) or other ships like shoutles from Phobos, current localization of Phobos/Deimos and mars orbital-base. Those data can give you information of next possible transit window and it can count the delay for data-transmits of any kind. It can also determine the ability to connect with one of the orbiting satelites around the mars.
Using this console as a way of determing what is beying seen now on the martian sky was my first thought.

http://starryskies.com/The_sky/events/mars/earth.jupiter.orbits.gif
http://math-ed.com/Resources/GIS/Geometry_In_Space/OMdraft3_files/image011.jpg
http://www.pd.astro.it/education/PlanetV/planetarium/icons/PNTESTG.GIF
http://www.flytandem.com/orbiter/tutorials/transfer%20to%20Phobos/4.jpg
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:58:18 AM by Marco2001 »

pad69

• Mission Commander
  • The Robe Rules
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 11:26:42 AM »
I think having a global coverage of satellites to monitor weather, communications from anywhere on Mars and with earth and a global positioning array should be in place before manned landing.
Murphy's Law applies "Anything that can possibly go wrong, does." or some say it this way "If anything can go wrong, it will.

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 01:46:48 PM »
I think having a global coverage of satellites to monitor weather, communications from anywhere on Mars and with earth and a global positioning array should be in place before manned landing.

LOL.   I would not hold my breath...  Expect bare minimums...  Or less.  Depending heavily on who takes the trip there.

I am betting first on mars will be the Chinese, and I am thinking they are gonna send a tin can with O2 candles basically..  There will be little in the way of scientific studies for the mission, it will be done with 3 goals in mind.. Getting someone there.   Planting a flag and doing the mars walk... and trying to get them home.

After that no one else will bother.

And humanity will die on this planet.

But still for MCO we can pretend that will not be the outcome.

Marco2001

• Mission Commander
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »
There is always this slim chance profit, that when someone will be sticking a flag to the Mars grount, Oil will come out ;D

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 02:22:53 PM »
LOL!

pad69

• Mission Commander
  • The Robe Rules
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 11:27:07 PM »
That is funny:)

Ivanpet

• MCOTest
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 12:49:36 PM »
nice :)