Author Topic: Tester and Client Software  (Read 3099 times)

Nav

• Apprentice
Tester and Client Software
« on: April 27, 2011, 03:09:53 AM »
Hello,

I would love to become a tester and would be able to log in everyday and be on for at least a few hours everytime.

I also have an extra server I can dedicate to running a 24/7 server if not already up.

Also, where can I find the download for the client software to connect to MCO?

Thanks,
Naveed

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
Re: Tester and Client Software
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 02:51:54 PM »
Hyper will probably answer this a little more but here is the long and the short of this. 

This is alpha test software and hyper would not want to fragment his tester base by having mutliple servers running.

The code base is constantly changing and bug reports he would get from the older servers would distract him.

The server is probably not in a state you could run it in anyhow...  Do you have an SQL server running?  Have you created a database with all the sub-tables and key values to store all the things the server spits out?  Is it a compatible version, do you have the correct table names, do you have the correct variable names, do you have the right user name and password?

So patience.. Follow the alpha and then the beta test as hyper has it scripted.    I have seen many alpha tests and he is doing this one is fairly close to how I have seen they are best done.