Author Topic: where do i find water...  (Read 6009 times)

EnchaJini

• Private
    • Gamers Revolution
where do i find water...
« on: May 13, 2011, 09:20:23 AM »
by any chance do we know where water is..

because ive used the  GPR all over the crater. and cant find any water. as ive drilled all the red dots in the Crater.

it says you have to find water within the crater... do i now go out the crater to find some water???

as im not sure whether the resource is randomly placed the map each time you play or whether it stays the same place.

i understand the basics of what ive got to do. but walking around a crater for 3 hours is getting rather depressing when you dont find anything.

but when it means crater does it mean the small area around the 2 main Modules. or does it mean the entire mapped zone?

ive been to the 3 Main Blobs of Red , found either nothing. or Iron and Beryillium, bauxite, Sodium Cloride, Florite, Lithuim, gypsum, Potash, cobalt, silica, iron oxide

heck i found the black box on the mini scout drone on the hill. and i wasnt even looking for that lol

any help would be greatly apprieciated. as this is becoming more stressful than a enjoyable. even for a game.
i know the program is a alpha version so it is not ment to be perfect. but it defeats the point of submitting mission tasks. if you cant complete them.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:27:05 AM by EnchaJini »

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
Re: where do i find water...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 10:44:12 AM »

EnchaJini

• Private
    • Gamers Revolution
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 10:58:34 AM »
no hyper, i havent quite.. as i didnt know about it.  :'(

10 meters more than the indicator.. ive been drilling exactly the number.

i'll have a go around the 3 big ones again. or around it.

because atm, ive been finding everything sept the one thing ive been looking for lol.

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 11:17:01 AM »
Water is inside that crater somewhere. And yes it's random.

EnchaJini

• Private
    • Gamers Revolution
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 11:20:09 AM »
oh lovely.. lol

well ive spent another 3 hours today still nothing. off to work for 8 hours try again tonight after work.

but if the game saves my previous. drill points and data.  every time i close the game and load it back up. the water wont be in the same location it was last. meaning out of the 20 odd drill points. its bound to be at either one of them or non or them lol

if i dont find water by monday.. i'll give up looking.

cheers
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 11:35:56 AM by EnchaJini »

thedubman

• Mission Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 04:46:16 PM »
Here a Mars Colony Demo tuturial video I done on finding water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjq4ASkHkcU&feature=related

I would start over. A good GPR survey to find water in the crater would be, start with a shot somewhere in center, walk North 100m+ do a shot, another 100m+ North another shot etc until edge of crater- then go east or west 100M+ take a shot, head south 100M+ etc until you form a grid of GPR shots over crater. You will find it.

EnchaJini

• Private
    • Gamers Revolution
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 06:03:18 PM »
And is there a scale ingame for me to measure 100m cos that's where it lost me. And I did a spike everywhere

thedubman

• Mission Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 06:18:52 PM »
As far as scales go, the coordinates you see (on the map etc. ie x=305.45 y= -213.4) are in Meters so check you coords with map walk estimated in game ' hundred steps' North etc- check your map to see how much coords have chaged to get a distance you have travelled in Meters. My 100M idea is approx- the idea is to make a grid of 100m square sections..

when you get a hit (blue blob) estimate its size and fire some GPR shots around it to get its 'shape'. sometimes resouces (blue blob hits) overlap with some deeper than others, meaning you have to drill through one to reach another...

..water is definitally there.. I suggest a new game, restart.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:22:43 PM by thedubman »

EnchaJini

• Private
    • Gamers Revolution
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 06:52:27 PM »
Is there way to start a new game. Cos when I click new game. It just loads my last one....

thedubman

• Mission Commander
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 08:44:30 PM »
I think you can if you use a different name or game name

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 11:16:43 PM »
The material under the ground will stay the same place till you run a NEW mission. It saves all during any mission so the water only changes on new mission

EnchaJini

• Private
    • Gamers Revolution
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »
cheers Hyper.