Author Topic: SCOREBOARD  (Read 9131 times)

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
SCOREBOARD
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:34:32 AM »
So far only one user has made it to the scoreboard.
http://www.hyperkat.com/Colony/Challenger.php

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
Re: SCOREBOARD
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 10:31:53 AM »
Where are all the scores? Is anyone having issues finishing the game. One person ( DAN ) finished and posted a score. Is this just too hard or you just dont or wont finish ... please tell me ....

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 03:43:28 AM »
I tend to take my time, and also get distracted by or otherwise bounce between other games. Going for scores is also a bit of a secondary concern for me, I'd rather just enjoy myself (hence 40+ hours while still on Phase 6, despite all work orders done).

How would I submit my score?
Is there an option that will pop up whenever I got around to finish the last phase?

Edit: While I could make up a list of opinions and such, I feel it would be a bit lacking in proper opinions until I have a chance to actually 'beat' MC:C.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:40:11 AM by rditto48801 »
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong means being one step closer to being right.

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 08:56:11 AM »
Scores should be submitted automagicly at the end when you click on the finish button. You shouldn't have to do anything but finish the game. I have tested the mechanism and it works. Just curious because this plays a big part in version 2.0

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 04:08:45 AM »
I have just been swamped by too many things to play.

lukiono

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 07:40:02 AM »
it takes much of time when you not rush. and this is good.
for one player only its very hard. but with coop it makes fun and gives a better experience.
Vacation till mid-October

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 12:19:50 PM »
I am most definitely taking my time, at 40 hours now just on phase 6 alone, over 50 hours overall...

I wouldn't call single player hard, just a bit more time consuming, and requiring a bit of patience, effort, and a good attention span... (and taking breaks here and there to keep from getting 'burned out' on the game)

One hurdle some people might face are some of the minor bugs or other limitations in game. \
I know I was a bit put off by the inability to 'restock' stuff for worms and mushrooms, since it seemed counter-productive to the whole 'survival' thing.
The 'auger stuck in rover' bug also came close to wrecking my experience, but at least that was patched fairly quickly.

Who knows how many people just gave up on the game, without ever stating why the gave up or if there was a game related reason they gave up on the game.

Other factors... well, a few of the gamers I know seem to be a bit to fixated on 'action' and 'challenge' and 'competition' to care about games that require sitting still for even a moment to think things over and plan things out.

@ Hyper
Scores will be submitted 'automagicly'? Is that a typo, or are we going to get little green wizards showing up in future versions of MC:C?  :D

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong means being one step closer to being right.

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 07:03:57 PM »
Okay, this is amusing.
I think I spent a bit to much time on Phase 6 (40 hours or so)... started phase 7, moments later, I get the message that the work orders are done...
Tortoise approach on Phase 6 = Phase 7 100%
On a side note, I think I broke the score system... The average said it was roughly 74-75% when I went to end mission, but my records thing is showing 133.799...

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
Yeah amusing...
I removed it from the list, checking to see how it did that. Should clamp at 99%
Looks like you completed all the phase 7 requirements in 6 so it went nuts...will have a look.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:04:04 PM by Hyper »

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 04:29:15 PM »
I haven not started a new map yet, would there be any leftover save data that would prove useful in figuring out what happened?
Here is the console log from the session in question, in case it proves helpful in diagnosing the problem.
http://pastebin.com/q9fUPGVX