Author Topic: RELEASE BUGS AND ISSUES FOR 1.06  (Read 15539 times)

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
Re: RELEASE BUGS AND ISSUES FOR 1.06
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 06:57:41 PM »
So I guess the construction crews just 'turn off' the air system when they are expanding the base. For some reason, it never occurred to me that it was due to the fact the same amount of air suddenly had more space to fill... I part of me was thinking they were wasting air or something... (cue face palm...)
At least they apparently don't eat up the food, or use up water, oxygen or fuel during the expansion work...   ;D

For the score thing, the main concern is my score dropping from 94 to 80 in just the span of a what seemed to be just few minutes, after completing the work orders for Phase 2.

I did find it interesting with the 100 on Phase 1 with me dropping the ball and being stuck inside several minutes due to a storm. I had pumps and air scrubber parts inside, so I didn't exactly get the initial 'supply chain' going past water...
Would having eaten/drinking nothing, and having diverted a few gallons of water to the water tank, have been a factor for knocking the score out of whack?

Hopefully the log I provided helps shed light on stuff.

When I was on the hill with the radio tower, I didn't have much luck spotting any other way up/down, so I will have to double check the west side the next time I get over that way.

Will the score issues possibly carry on into later stages?
Would it be safe for me to just start over again since I only got the first 2 phases done?
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong means being one step closer to being right.

kyleus

• Private
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 10:09:41 PM »
Just got the O2/CO2 - warning and damage.  Was coughing up just a little blood - switching to menthols.

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/UVaExnEy

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 08:39:54 AM »
I am posting a patch today, I see the bug... hope this fixes the co2 issue and the console spam issue.

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »
I tested the sound and seems the direct x sound is lower level. I use xaudio selection in options and got greater volume....

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 03:34:08 AM »
So the issue is with DirectX sound?
*tests it out*
I hadn't noticed there were options other than DirectX Sound.
XAudio does recognize my Sound Blaster Audigy SE, so that's a plus. the Open AL also seems to work, but it is a little 'harder' with the beeping sounds on the sound options menu.

Minor bug.
After a little testing relating to sound settings, the game crashed, and when I restarted it, it had reset my sound settings back to DirectX Sound.
If I can save and exit the game without it crashing, the new audio settings stick with X Audio.

I have not had a chance to update to 1.07 yet. I will probably restart MC:C over after getting the patch, see if I can avoid the 'sudden score plummeting' I ran into on Phase 2 of my second play through.

Edit 3:
Moved my other comment to a better spot.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:41:55 PM by rditto48801 »
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong means being one step closer to being right.