Author Topic: Reinstalled MCC after PC upgrade, game won't run.  (Read 18389 times)

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
Re: Reinstalled MCC after PC upgrade, game won't run.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 09:21:44 AM »
It is likely my sound card drivers.

I tried to run MCC after uninstalling all sound drivers and rebooting, and MCC started up, although it listed 'null' for sound options.
I time to see if reinstalling the audio drivers will cause it to stop working again.

Edit:
Audio drivers have been fully reinstalled, MCC again won't start.
Even though the installer is from earlier this year, it seems the SB 24/Audigy audio driver itself is from 2009.

Edit 2:
I have made sure all audio drivers are installed and up to date. MCC won't even start now. No window, no error message, nothing.
Checking task manager, I see multiple instances of "creative_audio_engine_cleanup.0001" show up in task manager, when the last instance disappears from the list, the MCC exe also disappears, no blank window, no error messages or anything.
Is there anything I can add to a shortcut to force MCC to start without audio?

Edit 3:
I forgot to mention, I got my onboard audio enabled and the Realted HD Audio drivers installed and updated, is there anyway to get MCC to default to the on board audio rather than my Sound Blaster Audigy SE sound card?

Edit 4:
I found someone with a related issue on another game. It might be due to the Creative Alchemy drivers that get installed with the main SB audio drivers. Another thing to troubleshoot.
http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=699931

Edit 5:
I finally got my PC to stop complaining about restarting when I disable the SB drivers, and I can get the game to boot up using my on board Realtek audio... with no sound... speakers work at least, and it's going to be a hassle to swap the speaker plug between the MB and Sound Card ports, but at least I got some progress done.

On a side not, 'Hyper' and 'Change' are listed on the player list... I am guessing that is not intentional...

Is there any way to copy over my profile/player info from my XP install of MCC?

Edit 6:
Chalk up no audio from previous edit to a PEBKAC/ID-10-T error... (I forgot to set the MB speaker port as the default after disabling the SB Audigy...) I got it working with XAudio, which I think is what I had it set on my XP install.

Minor bug report. The 'cover' for plumbing to the refuel station next to the garage protects from radiation if standing on it while near the garage.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:41:59 PM by rditto48801 »
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong means being one step closer to being right.

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 03:46:03 AM »
Glad you got it working =)

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 04:41:26 AM »
Is there any way I can copy over my player profile/saves from my old XP install of MCC to the new Win7 install of MCC?

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong means being one step closer to being right.

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2014, 10:45:19 AM »
I think all the files in mccdata is all you need

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2014, 10:00:54 PM »
I don't see a folder by that name in the old XP install location.
Were the files stored in a different location, or using a different folder name, in versions 1.04-1.07?

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 09:11:27 AM »
they might be in cache/user but if that is the case the game may crash if you use them I changed some of the fields in the database not sure

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 12:20:15 AM »
Ah, bummer. I had several dozens of hours put into MCC before I had my PC upgraded.
Oh well, it gives me an excuse to try and build up my skills again.
Hopefully my next play through (whenever I get around to it) doesn't result in me breaking the score system again.

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 09:26:37 AM »
if you are running 1.07 they should be there in MCCData

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 03:32:31 AM »
I don't know why but there is no MCCData folder in the old XP install.

Folders I see
art
cache
Core
levels
mccimages
scripts
shaders

During my early troubleshooting, I had tried to run the old version on the old HDD via Windows 7 to see if it was also broken. Would that have done something to my old 'saves'?

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 08:46:35 AM »
look in cache/users

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 03:05:51 AM »
I see a bunch of pno and dat files.
Such as adp.pno  and Bio.dat.
Plus a file simply named CLUD.

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
move them one at a time to mccdata, clud rename to clud.dat
Should be all your player stats

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2014, 04:49:52 AM »
I did a fresh loading of stuff from the zip file for a 'clean install' of the MCCdata.

First attempt, all my data is gone, back to starting as player Change, with there now being 5 other players in the player list.

I tried to copy over the other files just for the heck of it, direct from cache folder, which had 'other' files located in MCCdata, such as gui.nfa and Helios.dsa.
That time, my profile was there, but with no skills. Mission was listed as Helios 6.

Loading the mission, the map is marked as the start of Helios Phase 6 but I start with what appears to be the Phase 6 base (I see the greenhouse part in place) but all the parts and condition of from Phase 2-3 (solar panels and such, only RSG 1 running, other RSGs missing part, main heater missing parts), lots of stuff in the, a mining auger next to the garage (on, set to 0 depth), and it shows a 96 score for Phase 1 but 0 across the board for all other phases (time and score), and now there are like a half dozen names listed in the change player list...

It would seem save data from 1.07 is seriously broken in 1.10

Oh well. Since the sound issue was the main issue with things not working in the first place, I can probably just uninstall MCC from Windows 7, dig out the old 1.04 installer and 1.05/1.06/1.07 patches and just copy over the cache folder in general from the older XP install.

Edit:
I booted up the XP install in Windows 7, it ran fine, just had to deal with a pink screen and a thing asking for audio device, then it started up okay.
My old profile is at Master level, and is marked as being in Helios 3... and over 2 days run time... good memories, mostly, like to much growing plants and stockpiling stuff on the first play through partly leading to breaking the score system... Didn't load the mission though.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:00:12 AM by rditto48801 »