Author Topic: Release patch  (Read 23651 times)

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
Release patch
« on: October 04, 2015, 08:15:24 PM »
We have addressed some of the issues with the 1.00 release and will be uploading a patch Wed Oct 7

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
Re: Release patch
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 02:36:05 PM »
That's good to here.

I saw one suggestion on the Steam forums that might be handy.
Opening up a 'Development Branch' on Steam. That could allow for much broader and effective play testing and feedback for builds before they are released.
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong means being one step closer to being right.

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 05:51:36 PM »
There are issues with that.
We tested the release version of the game on 10 computers with 5 different operating systems and the map bug never showed up. Steam has a way of making things break.

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 05:20:02 PM »
I just saw the update news on Steam for Patch 1.012.

I look forward for it to clear whatever hoops/hurdles Steam has in place so MC:F can be updated.
Correction, it just popped up in my download queue

Will the new artwork fix the issue of my Power module having no walls/ceiling/floor (or the module in general), of just equipment and doors floating in the air?
Maybe not... No map crash, but when I went to turn to look in the direction of the power module, the game crashed...
It looked like it tried to pop up the PC Settings on me.

From end of log (I see where I did the map check and copy/pasted after that)

Code: [Select]
MAP AWAKE
CLEAR DOTS 0 255
CLEAR DOTS 0 255
CLEAR DOTS 0 255
CLEAR DOTS 0 20
Sending equipment
SEND GPR SHOTS 5520 23
SEND GPR HITS 5520 31
SEND SAMPLE DATA 67
SEND HOLE DATA 11
SEND BASE Ares  317 -52.7547 128
SEND BASE NorthWest  -1296.9 1535.21 128
SEND BASE Greenfield  1392.53 1530.61 128
SEND BASE SouthEast  1562.57 -980.452 128.755
SEND BASE SouthWest  -1633.65 -538.333 128.68
CLEAR DOTS 64 65
CLOSE MAP CALLED
CHECK DOTS
GPRSHOT FAIL 0 23
GPRHIT FAIL 0 31
DRILL FAIL 0 11
SAMP FAIL 0 67
DOT CHECK DONE
GFXD3D9Shader::_compileShader - Error compiling shader: E_OUTOFMEMORY: Ran out of memory (8007000e)
   internal error: compilation aborted unexpectedly
Failed to initialize material 'Base_Helm_MAT'
GFXD3D9Shader::_compileShader - Error compiling shader: E_OUTOFMEMORY: Ran out of memory (8007000e)
   internal error: compilation aborted unexpectedly

My graphics card has 1gig, and I have plenty of RAM (unless there is the 32 bit memory wall to worry about)
My card is a old 240 and never had a issue. Will look at some of the texture sizes, that might have something to do.
Edit:
Full console log, just in case.
http://pastebin.com/eWgWCZcC

Edit 2:
And another crash.
This time going to map a second time (textures were on Normal at the time, trying to fine tune graphics due to horribly lag on higher settings when windowed, but not higher setting with full screen and max resolution allowed of 1280x1024)

http://pastebin.com/Eg6tTgRn

Oh well, back to Low textures...

Edit 3:
Um... the work benches in the biolab are missing... Physically, anyways. If I start clicking where they used to be, the interaction pops up. There looks to be a shelf with beakers barely sticking out of the wall where the one for making fertilizer/plastics should be.
Are you sure you have the right version because they are there in the correct place on all the test systems

If I 'hug' the wall just right so the camera clips through the wall, I can see what looks to be the 'back side' of the missing benches.

Edit 4:
One of the 'missing' benches is sticking out of the outside wall of the module...
Thats just wrong not sure why you have this issue

Edit 5:
Got a chance to look around my base. I like some of the new container designs. I thought my ore containers were gone when I got to my ore processing module since that smooth/rounded all blue design is kind of hard to see in shadowy corners.
I also noticed the sample drill seems to be colored differently, I like how it looks now.
Now to hope in the rover and sightsee a little.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:50:50 AM by Hyper »

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong means being one step closer to being right.

SgtFox

• Private
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 06:10:52 PM »
hyper , can you please respond to the pm ive send you? waiting for an answer since release day of the game on steam. thank you

palaslet

• MCCS Test
  • Private
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 12:09:27 PM »
I've done some research on the storage problem and found that the storage units or "CargoTable" does not support all four properties that are stored in the users inventory. this leads to items loosing some properties when stored; specifically unprocessed fish or plants will lose "age" property and one other property that I do not know what is. So when retrieving into inventory and trying to process it will fail (probably because processing is reliant on those properties).

I suggest expanding "CargoTable" since using the "Supply Box" when harvesting is quite effective. Else, you need to check if the item is storable and deny if it would cause problems.

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 03:47:13 PM »
Will look into the storage issue soon, thanks for the update

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 11:57:54 PM »
Steam says it is up to date.
Credits says it is R 1.012

Images of what I mean.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/385413871766219879/010B16ED74CE57E2C18AF729A0FED98283414962/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/385413871766220924/3D6D1BB64C6B19737DFBDAF607749692E1592B01/

Did models get moved around/changed as far as their orientation? Maybe with the game 'keeping' the orientation of the original benches due to the module already being in place?

With the Power module of my base still lacking the module in general, my base is getting all sorts of stuff 'outside'...

I did verify the game cache and 51 files failed, it downloaded about 880kb of files.

Hopefully that fixes at least one of these odd issues.

Edit:
Still have benches pointing the wrong way. The only thing changed that I noticed is PC Settings/Textures is now Custom.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:04:38 AM by rditto48801 »

palaslet

• MCCS Test
  • Private
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 07:08:16 AM »
@rditto48801, I found that when upgrading via Steam stuff broke in unexpected ways. Saves broke horribly, maybe because some of the database files were part of the patch, and those would breake relations between data intended for saves and stuff. I'm just guessing.

I had to delete the game and reinstall it to get things working correctly.

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 07:55:40 AM »
I would delete the game and redownload. My version shows everything in the correct position

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 02:36:32 PM »
I deleted local content and reinstalled.
The issue persists.

Of note, the biolab module in  my base is oriented North-South.

@Hyper
Does your version where it is correct by any chance have it running East-West?

Is there anything I could look for in the logs that might hint at what is going on?

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 09:14:52 AM »
Not sure what is wrong with your setup

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 09:16:31 AM »
shot the other way

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 09:17:41 AM »
Anyone else have this issue?

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 10:27:14 PM »
Bug or feature?
Can only build 1 Solar Array in the base.
Something someone is asking about on the forums.
I see the main base has 2 Solar Arrays, so I am guessing it is a bug.

On a side note, that default ChangeMe profile seems to be causing problems for at least one person.
Maybe tweak the game main menu so when it is first played, it pops up a tool tip or something to prompt the player to make a new profile?

On a side note, someone is complaining about game bugs and such in German on the Steam forums.
Looks like the map crash related stuff based on Google Translate, but they mentioned other problems they did not want to mention.

Edit:
Oh, one question.
Could my desk facing issue be related to my missing power module issue? That maybe the save itself was mucked up since it was a playthrough started with the original release version?