Author Topic: Release patch  (Read 23641 times)

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
Re: Release patch
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 11:55:45 AM »
You should be able to set more than one solar array, set them out at the edge of the build area.
I dont think anything else should affect the directions of those desks, all the testers have them facing the proper way so not sure what your issue could be.

palaslet

• MCCS Test
  • Private
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 06:18:40 PM »
@rditto48801, have you tried to "delete local content" from Steam AND manually delete the rest of the game folder on your file system?

I got a funky feeling that Steam is playing you (pun intended).

Since no others is experiencing this at all...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 08:44:52 AM by palaslet »

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 08:03:06 PM »
I just set multiple solar arrays and build 2 bases with everything laid out opposite and it all works well

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 01:45:46 AM »
Then I guess someone found a bug, because they say they can only place 1 Solar Array.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/394840/discussions/0/487870763307860728/

@rditto48801, have you tried to "delete local content" from Steam AND manually delete the rest of the game folder on your file system?

I got a funky feeling that Steam is playing you (pun intended).

Since no others is experiencing this at all...
I just checked, and it does indeed leave a Shaders and MarsData folder intact with files despite using Delete Local Contact. I deleted them manually and got the game reinstalling.

Also, problem solved. My profile is gone... so no more bugged base...

Edit:
I recovered the deleted files and stuck them in a backup folder...
Which files hold the profile/save info?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:51:33 AM by rditto48801 »
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong means being one step closer to being right.

palaslet

• MCCS Test
  • Private
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 02:44:17 AM »
@rditto48801, from the looks of it, almost all the dat files in the MarsData folder contains data that will change when you save a game. These are database files and most of them contain both "static" data like positions and dynamic data like inventory. A misalignment between the tables in these files would probably mean all sorts of broken game situations.

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 04:02:07 PM »
Loosing the save/base/mission progress is not that much of an issue.

Loosing a profile with some 26 hours of effort and apparently maxed skills is an issue.

How do I recover my profile?
Heck, why is the profile data buried in there in the first place?

Edit:

Also, since it seems it has been ignored/missed, as I have seen mention on the Steam forum to post stuff I have already posted about before...

http://hyperkat.com/scratchbox/index.php?topic=863.msg8548#msg8548

It is over 2 weeks old by now, and I think much was pre-patch, but I had mentioned some issues there already. Like my power module disappearing.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:10:27 PM by rditto48801 »

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong means being one step closer to being right.

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 07:51:43 AM »
Since you are a tester on this project I would like to think you would post the issues here
I answer some of the issues you point out but once you have the game in a crash state there are no guarantees that anything will work properly. No sure what is happening to your system but most of those issues have been addressed or we cant replicate.
I have them in my list no so I will check during the test today.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:05:22 AM by Hyper »

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 12:11:50 AM »
That other post was before this thread was started, was made before the patch, and is about 3 weeks old. Some of the stuff might have been fixed already, or was already figured out (like the biowaste = fish thing). I think I gave up on that thread a week or two back.

Some issues from that old thread persist last I checked.
Like storing plants or fish in the tote without processing them 'wipes' their traits, making them a useless item.

How do I recover my profile after doing the suggested 'delete everything Steam doesn't uninstall' thing?
I moved the deleted folders/files from the recycle bin and into a separate folder, so I still have them. I had all skills at 5, and am not eager to have to start over from scratch on base and new character/profile.

palaslet

• MCCS Test
  • Private
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2015, 03:33:19 AM »
try copying the old CLUD.dat file into your new MarsData folder.

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2015, 11:01:26 AM »
Both files are basically identical size wise.
Copying it over and starting the game still has only the default 'ChangeMe' profile.

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2015, 12:07:55 PM »
try slud.dat

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2015, 04:26:38 AM »
try slud.dat

Yep, that did the trick, my profile is again available to select.
Thanks.

There is a slight disappointment that my 'savings' of some 1,600 didn't carry over to a new game. Oh well. At least I got a better idea of how to make money this time around.

When I get enough time to play again (didn't claim a base yet, just got the starter money and saved), I am going to try and recreate the things I did that 'broke' the power module, see if it is reproducible or not.

All I recall is I clicked on the power module (in build map, after it was built), got the upgrade prompt, canceled out, (forget if I exited and re-entered build mode at the time) then built the Life Support module, exited build mode, got the Life Support stuff up and running, went back to the central hub, then found the Power module missing the module itself. I am hoping that was just some sort of fluke. Or just the symptom of something seemingly unrelated that has been fixed already.

Oh, one thing I was curious about.
Is it possible to add the EVA Suit Locker to a hub?
In my old base, I noticed when I built a second Airlock on the other side of the base, that the hub it was attached to didn't get the EVA Suit Locker.

Edit:
Also, crazy image that popped into mind relating to making money in MC:F.
Mars colonist with a straw hat on their helmet, driving a rover, with a basket of (likely freezing) fish in the back of the rover, on their way to the main base...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:30:13 AM by rditto48801 »

SgtFox

• Private
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 01:31:08 AM »
Hey there, well after a couple of hours into the game i bumped into some issues and i think they need some fixing so let me tell you what i found so far:

-Boyd Adams (food seller in ares base) doesnt buy mushrooms even though he is selling them (he says i only buy food and med itmes) mushrooms arent food?

-money can be exploited if you go to a trader and put the item into the sell slot in trade window but dont hit the sell button, instead take the item back into your inventory, the sale price in the trade window is still there and if you click sell now it gives you the money but you stilll have the item in inventory (makes it all pointless to farm and stuff, noticed it when i was selling a wrong item and took it back out of the window and out of curiosity i hit sell and still had the item and got cash for nothing)

-the trader inventories only update when closing and reopening the trade window (i mean it still shows that they have e.g. 8 items even though you just sold them more and only shows new numbers when reopening it)

-the biowaste container at the toilet in kitchen module causes an interaction bug when clicking on it with nothing in hand (cant interact with anything except openable doors, clicking on a door fixes the bug), also is there no biowaste canister that we can buy? couldnt find any and i dont know how else to transfer the biowaste from toilet into composter

-Jean Adams (fab trader in ares base) sells no items (intentional?)
If players build something and sell to her then it is available to others

-cant sell base modules? would love to actually get 50% money back or so or atleast be able to delete them/replace them elsewhere because i would love to acually redesign my base or be able to selll misplaced modules
Play the game a few times and you wont have to. Once you decide the best way this is moot

thats all i got so far , will report back if i find more
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:13:52 AM by Hyper »

rditto48801

• Mission Commander
  • Wait, this isn't Duna.
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2015, 01:14:53 PM »
'Waste' is from the toilet, and is automatically goes to the composter.
Biowaste is from processing fish.
I don't think waste from filters in the Life Support is used anymore like it was in MC:C.
This waste goes to the compost unit if you have one

I think I came across the glitch when trying to clitck on the toilet waste container. I knew of the 'click on door to fix' thing at the time and didn't think anything else of it. Not sure if I wrote it down with other bugs I encountered before.

Did you have the Mushrooms in a Storage Tote at any point? If so, does the fridge still accept the Mushrooms in question?
Or was it in inventory only?

It would be nice to only pay half (250) for an Empty module, then 'upgrade' it later to a dedicated one for 250.
Selling modules would be nice. So would the ability to replace previously removed interior doors, as that would be needed before selling a module for those who delete interior doors off the bat.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:11:30 AM by Hyper »

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2015, 10:42:29 AM »
Thanks for the input but the big question is does 1.014 still have the crash bug?