Author Topic: Release 0.33  (Read 3805 times)

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
Release 0.33
« on: December 06, 2019, 03:17:09 PM »
Fixed a few things, check the last post.
Havent worked much on mission 3 so make reports and I can get to them.

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
Re: Release 0.33
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 08:14:56 PM »
I dislike how the drill will label a sample as high density, but if you leave the menu and come back, it'll say sample.
Fixed 0.34

Also, the drill, after being placed, changes depth in increments of 2.0 units, but if you exit the menu and come back, it'll change depth in increments of 1.0 units.
Not seeing this, please verify

I should mention that I never found the Zeus Rover in my last play through. I even tried looking for it in a later missions when I had the vehicle to explore with. Unless the rover is on the edge of the map, I should have found it. I still can't find it.
Not in game yet, will add it for 0.34

I tried to dump some water in the water tank of the habitat module, but it got weird on me. At first it displayed that the water levels had increased, but exiting the menu and looking again, it had not changed at all. My water can still reported that it had 5.0 units of water. When I tried to dump the water into the separator, it said that my water can was empty. I dropped the can, exited and reentered the game, then I was able to fill the separator.
Removed the ability to add unprocessed water to the store in the hab. All drinking water should go through the separator.

The water pumps are not labeled. The computer calls them pump 1 and pump 2, but when you interact with them, they just say water pump.
Fixed 0.34

There is a bug with transporting hydrogen. When you take hydrogen, it will replace the current amount of hydrogen the can holds. So if you had 5.00 units in the can, but you click drain while the separator had 0.02 units, you will lose the 5.00 units of hydrogen and get 0.02 units in the can.
Fixed 0.34

The solar panels suffer from the weird progress bar bug as well. If you press clean multiple times, the progress bar will flicker between the different progresses.
Fixed 0.34

The toilet doesn't seem to do anything now. No progress bar or anything. In fact, you select the toilet, click exit, and try to select it again, it'll tell you that you have not enough fluids in my body. So I guess my business is done?

To test the toilets, I've been putting off using them for as long as I can. I have not been notified that I should use them like it would in previous games.

The toilet was a part of the demo, not sure I want to add it, what do you think? Does it enhance gameplay enough to make it something for the player to deal with?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 01:11:41 PM by Hyper »

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 03:41:35 AM »
I got a random warning "ALARM - NO EVA RETURN TO AIRLOCK". I also lost a bit of health. Did the game forget that I was inside one of the modules?
The only time that should happen is if you have no EVA and step into the airlock for the alarm. Not sure about the health you shouldn't lose health unless the outer door opens

The water tank in the farm module doesn't update right. If you take a drink (0.1 units), it will appear to update correctly at first, but then it'll forget that you took some water. Exiting the menu and looking at it again causes the display to reset. Likewise, returning water looks like it worked right, but then it'll forget.

The game crashed on me again. I tried to plant some potatoes. When I clicked plant, it crashed on me. I was planting my second batch after harvesting some age 250 crops. It does not reproduce when I loaded from my last exit. Mind you, I exited for the sole purpose of not losing progress.
Try to tell me exactly how you did this. Clicking multiple things etc...

The map of resources is terrible. The surface samples seem to have details forgotten after exiting the game. The drill sites do not mention what kind of resource they are for. Just the depth. The surfaces samples tend to forget 1 of the 2 resources they have. Some surface samples may have been changed to look like core samples (wrong color).
The Drill hole will only tell you depth, Core sample will tell you what is in the hole. Surface samples are made of trace amounts of what they are near.

When attempting repairs to my vehicle, it tends to get stuck in the adjust & redo mini game. Fortunately, my vehicle is repaired up to the point where this glitch happens, so I can exit the vehicle menu and then try again. Eventually the vehicle will be repaired enough.

Dirt samples are cluttering my inventory. I go take a dirt sample. I'm told that it holds no value and the game tells me I can drop it. However, that inventory slot is still filled, so any new surface or drill samples go around it.
Fixed 0.34

When I had one such slot affected, I could exit and reenter the game to clear the slot. When I had 2 such filled slots, exiting and reentering the game made the 2nd slot filled be filled with a surface sample. The game tells me its worthless, so I dump it again, exit and reenter, and then its back. Its like some cursed item that keeps returning to your possession. I was able to fix this by taking the sample to the LIBS and scan it. The next time I reentered the game, it was gone.

To make plastic. you need to use a harvested but not processed plant along with 1 unit of algae type D. I found that I could just plant some seeds and then take them to the fab module. These are age 0 plants.

The order of the algae is very strict. The algae must be in the left slot, and plant in the right. Get this wrong and the game complains. Should say on the box you put the stuff in what goes there, complain is ok, crash not ok

Tomato plants don't seem to produce fertilizer as a product of harvesting them.

Something weird is happening with my algae type D tanks. It keeps changing to about 20 unit of algae and about 4 units of water. I can harvest this algae without running out.
Fixed 0.34
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 10:18:19 AM by Hyper »

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 06:10:29 AM »
The game crashing when tending to the planters still happen. I'm still trying to figure things out but I need a break.

You can use any plant to make plastics. You also can put any plant in the storage unit next to the biochem station. Any plant put in the storage unit can't later be processed for food.

You can take more seeds than you have inventory slots for. The excess seeds disappear.
I have 8 inventory slots but only 4 showing. That has been a debate, will clamp it.

If you combine taking or adding a drink with taking a gallon of water, the tank will correctly record the number of drinks taken or put back.

If you harvest some plants, then eat a vegetable, the other vegetables will break. You can't put them in with the food. Trying to do so will cause the pictures to disappear. The slots in your inventory will remain filled. Exiting and reentering the game will fill those slots with the plants the vegetables came from, but you can't process them for food. Fortunately, I've been able to fix this by putting them in the biochem storage unit.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 12:08:48 AM by Hyper »

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 07:35:08 PM »
OK, I think I got it. I removed all distractions so I could focus only on the crops. It crashes every time I do this (I've done this at least 5 times). When the game crashes, it doesn't save your progress, so I'm able to do this as many times as I like.

All the planters are filled with young crops. I start with the planter closest to the battery and then work my way clockwise. I pick crops (3 at a time, all from the same planter) and then go up stairs to process them and store the food. Then I bring down seeds (3) for the empty planter. I then continue to pick plants, process them, and then reseed. After I process the 6th batch, the game will crash if I try to open the menu for the kitchen (food/med storage) when I try to store food.

In later testing, it seems that the order you process the planters doesn't matter.

I've tried to mix things up by changing the order I do things. In one instance, I didn't reseed until I processed all the plants. The game crashed when I tried to reseed the second or third planter, when I clicked the planter.

Thanks will work on that now, in my testing I never got that far so didn't know of the issue, will report back
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 12:07:29 AM by Hyper »

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 01:39:26 AM »
The toilet was a part of the demo, not sure I want to add it, what do you think? Does it enhance gameplay enough to make it something for the player to deal with?

Well, I don't think it adds much. Still I think it would look odd to have no toilets. Maybe leave it in as an inert object or the way it was before.

I got a random warning "ALARM - NO EVA RETURN TO AIRLOCK". I also lost a bit of health. Did the game forget that I was inside one of the modules?
The only time that should happen is if you have no EVA and step into the airlock for the alarm. Not sure about the health you shouldn't lose health unless the outer door opens

I think you can get it the farm module when entering or exiting the area with the planters. It doesn't happen often though.

I have 8 inventory slots but only 4 showing. That has been a debate, will clamp it.

Thanks. Hidden inventory spaces don't me much good if I can't see or select them. In fact, it is a good way to lose stuff.

Thanks will work on that now, in my testing I never got that far so didn't know of the issue, will report back

Well if you need a save, I could send you one. I found where they are stored. Its small enough that I could probably email it to you. Its all set up for testing that bug.

I got it to crash let me see if I can figure this out...thanks...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 11:31:12 AM by Hyper »