Author Topic: Release 0.34  (Read 5365 times)

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
Release 0.34
« on: December 08, 2019, 12:19:42 PM »
Go to the web and grab it.
Havent worked on mission 3 much. Farm stuff has been priority.
If you can still crash it planting, stop immediately and send me the console.log file or post the last 20 lines of text here so I can try to trap the crash.

Plant processor had the bug where you could click multiple time and bug it out.
Tomatoes do not produce fertilizer yet
Algae tanks should work properly now, havent tested harvesting yet.
read the 0.33 post to see what was fixed and check me on it....

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
Re: Release 0.34
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 08:20:33 PM »
If you can still crash it planting, stop immediately and send me the console.log file or post the last 20 lines of text here so I can try to trap the crash.

Last 20 lines. I set things to about where they were in previous crashes. It crashed when I was putting the food away after working on the 6th planter. I did not try to water or fertilize the planters.

IT IS A PLANT
ALGAE RUN 2 1 3.29 4.4
ALG DLG 2 1 4.375 3.325
WE GOT A SEED FROM THIS PLANT 3 2 268
PROCESS TEMP 29 23 29
ALGAE RUN 1 1 2.975 4.6
ALG DLG 1 1 4.575 3.01
MOUSE ENTER US16
DROPPED ON 16 23
IS PLANT 23
IT IS A PLANT
ALGAE RUN 0 1 5.25 10.225
ALG DLG 0 1 10.2 5.285
ALGAE RUN 2 1 3.325 4.375
ALG DLG 2 1 4.35 3.36
WE GOT A SEED FROM THIS PLANT 3 2 269
PROCESS TEMP 29 23 29
LEFT MOUSE
INTERACT FOOD UNIT 12 20 16 3
SET SELECTED Zuccini^12

Last 20 lines. I tried to avoid the crash (same start point as above) by trying to only work on half the planters before exiting and saving. I might have tried to reenter the game right away instead of quitting the program (I don't remember). I then went back into the game and it crashed on me when I was trying to water and fertilize the 5th planter.

LEFT MOUSE
USE ELEVATOR 2
FARM ELE
ALGAE RUN 0 1 5.355 10.15
ALG DLG 0 1 10.125 5.39
ALGAE RUN 2 1 3.395 4.325
ALG DLG 2 1 4.3 3.43
ALGAE RUN 1 1 3.15 4.475
ALG DLG 1 1 4.45 3.185
LEFT MOUSE
PLANTER INTERACT 2
SLOT COUNT FOR THIS PLANTER 0
SEND PWF PL2 0.3433 0.3359
ALGAE RUN 0 1 5.39 10.125
ALG DLG 0 1 10.1 5.425
MOUSE ENTER US12
DROPPED ON 12
CAN HAS 3.25
ADD PLANT WATER CALL 0.25
ALGAE RUN 1 1 3.185 4.45

Ok for now just play the game with a single set of plants so it dont crash till I can figure out what it's doing
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 09:52:39 PM by Hyper »

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 09:41:35 PM »
I found a strange bug. If you die, you can continue to try to play the game. You only have to enter the game like you normally would. Doing so seems to move you on to the next phase of the game. So if you were on phase 1, you now start phase 2. You even start in the landing chairs.

When this happens, many things are not setup right. The gear inside the module is missing. No seeds, fertilizer, or water can. The battery has no power. The RSG needs to be turned on. You have no oxygen for the module. The water tank is empty. Strangely enough, the kitchen in the farm module becomes a copy of the kitchen in the hab module.

I can go on in more detail, but its clear the game gets broken because you died.

Resetting the game seems to work properly.

When you die it should reset the game. Been pondering perma death as an incentive to pay attention to the game.
Might even put tombstones down each time you die.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 09:46:22 PM by Hyper »

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 06:00:01 AM »
Algae tanks should work properly now, havent tested harvesting yet.

It don't work. I've had the algae levels get up to 15+ on the hab's tank and I couldn't harvest anything. It also prone to resetting so the algae levels return to 0.

I haven't tested the algae tanks on the fab module (I'm not yet that far along after my last reset).

Fixed 0.35

Ok for now just play the game with a single set of plants so it dont crash till I can figure out what it's doing

I guess I'm a potato farmer now.  :P

When you die it should reset the game. Been pondering perma death as an incentive to pay attention to the game.
Might even put tombstones down each time you die.

Well, the only time that I might not be paying attention is when I'm waiting for my stamina to recharge. There is waiting for my radiation levels to drop, waiting for the water pumps to fill, waiting for crops to grow. Those 3 can be done in doors.

Waiting for the augers to fill... I can't monitor augers in doors as the computers currently don't display that stuff. I have to go on a little trip to find out what the levels are. Waiting outside for augers to fill is asking for trouble.

I've had my radiation levels high. High enough that it caused quite a bit of damage. Now a days I avoid traveling beyond 512 meters from the base on foot. More so if the weather is bad. I find that you need a vehicle to do exploration in this game. Its faster and you don't have to worry about stamina slowing you down.

In Mars Colony Challenger, I found that waiting in the vehicle reduced the rads you soak in. So I would wait in the vehicle as my drill did its work. I don't know if this is true of in this game.
Yes it will be true in this

Anyways. I've been testing the water system. Its broke. If you open a separator and set the slider to 0.5, in the time it takes to process 0.05 units of water, it'll increase the water tank by 0.5 units (10x more). Not only are the water levels growing, but you still get oxygen and hydrogen when it does that. I tried to see how far I could exploit this and I was able to fill the tanks on both separators to max (25 units). I tried to max out the water levels on the algae tank, but I got bored after reaching 50+.

As for the water tanks themselves, the tank in the farm module doesn't track the drinks you take or return properly. Each drink changes the water levels by 0.1 units, but it won't remember this. Also, I can return drinks that I don't have, thus giving me free water. It'll forget it soon enough, but before then you can fill your water can this way.

Cosmetically, I think the water tank in the farm module should be turned around horizontally 180 degrees. The water faucet is pointing away from you when you are in the kitchen.
Fixed 0.35

The water tank in the hab module works correctly, but I think it should be more like the water tank in the farm module. You should be able to able to take water, put it back, or even fill a water can with it.

I can take unfiltered water (strait from the pumps) and water the plants with it. I don't know if I should be doing that.
Probably shouldn't allow that, let me ponder making 2 types of water.

The menus for both separators are different despite doing the same things. I find that odd.

The menu for the plants is problematic. The close button and pick are reversed when compared to the menus for just about everything else in this game. This can lead to accidents. I have accidentally picked plants on more than one occasion, when trying to close the menu after I checked their age.
Fixed in 0.35 and I changed the size of the PICK button so it would stand out.

I decided to try to see what happens when you decide to sample a rock instead of picking it up. I now have a rock sample I can't get rid of. The LIBS won't accept it. Ctrl + C doesn't work.
I have a function in 0.35 called clearslot(0,1,2,3) lets figure a way for a basic user to deal with it. Might Ctrl 1 to clear slot 1 ? /ponder

Perfect info here. This is the kind of stuff I need to make the game better. I will address these issues as I can for 0.35
Once we get it all working, I want to tune it so you are on the edge of failure, make it a challenge. Oh and your name will go on the box.... thanks
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 03:36:22 PM by Hyper »

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 10:05:51 PM »
I got 2 new crashes.

The first one I tried to harvest plants after exiting the game (but not closing the game window). The planters were filled with age 250+ potatoes, except for the planters furthest away from the battery. I didn't have enough potato seed for that yet. So I did my clockwise harvesting. I would take plants up for harvesting and bring seeds down. Once I had processed the first 2 planters, I had enough seeds to plant stuff in the empty planters. After that, I went back to harvesting and planting seeds. The game crashed when I tried to plant seeds in the last planter.

However, I could not reproduce this crash. I came to suspect that some stuff I did before exiting was somehow remembered.

ADD INVENTORY 2 31 1 0 0 0
BITMAP art/gui/inv/Seed
ALGAE RUN 0 1 9.205 46.4
ALG DLG 0 1 46.375 9.24
LEFT MOUSE
USE ELEVATOR 2
FARM ELE
ALGAE RUN 0 1 9.24 46.375
ALG DLG 0 1 46.35 9.275
LEFT MOUSE
PLANTER INTERACT 3
SLOT COUNT FOR THIS PLANTER 0
MOUSE ENTER US12
DROPPED ON 12
CLIENT PLANT IT 21
NDX 0 21
SERVER PLANT PL3 156.058 -15.797 129.958 21
MOUSE ENTER US12
MOUSE ENTER US12
DROPPED ON 12

This crash happened when testing surface samples. In this game, I had successfully harvested and planted potatoes, but I had exited and reentered the game, then I went to setup the some transmitters, then I exited and reentered the game, then I grabbed 3 surface samples, then went to the LIBS to test samples. The game crashed when I pressed test on the second sample.

ALG DLG 0 1 43.575 13.16
LEFT MOUSE
MOUSE ENTER US11
DROPPED ON 11 FROM 0
IS A DIRT SAMPLE ? 23727
IT IS A DIRT SAMPLE
LIBS LIGHT 1
ALGAE RUN 0 1 13.16 43.575
ALG DLG 0 1 43.55 13.195
SERVER SAMPLE 151 19
SAMPLE TYPE IS 151
SERVER SAMPLE DONE 118 12.24 114 2.16
NEW SAMPLE Unknown 18.1397 439.278
DRILL SAMPLE COMPLETE
SURFACE SAMPLE COMPLETE
RESULT Unknown 118 12.24 114 2.16
MOUSE ENTER US11
MOUSE ENTER US11
DROPPED ON 11 FROM 1
IS A DIRT SAMPLE ? 23728

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 11:16:59 PM »
I have a function in 0.35 called clearslot(0,1,2,3) lets figure a way for a basic user to deal with it. Might Ctrl 1 to clear slot 1 ? /ponder

Maybe make the commands something you could not accidentally do. I remember that Mars Challenger had "/door" to reset the airlock doors. I tried using that when I broke the airlocks (both doors were stuck open).

Perfect info here. This is the kind of stuff I need to make the game better. I will address these issues as I can for 0.35
Once we get it all working, I want to tune it so you are on the edge of failure, make it a challenge.

Well, I'm not sure danger is appropriate for this game. Yes there will some risk, but I expect a space agency would do everything in their power to minimize risk. Not only to look professional, but  also because they're spending a lot of money to send people to Mars.

The only things that I can think of at the moment to make me risk myself is a rescue mission or needing travel to another site to get some replacement parts for broken equipment.

Bad weather can raise the amount of rads you take. In my last game, I had a lot of bad weather. It made traveling even 300 meters a risky move. 450 or even 600 meters could nearly kill you.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 12:06:51 AM by LostMartian »

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 03:34:11 AM »
I got another crash. This crash happened after I repeatedly took surface samples and tested them. The crash happened when I pushed the test button. It took a lot of samples to make this happen.

ALGAE RUN 0 0 30.695 31.05
ALG DLG 0 0 31.05 30.695
LEFT MOUSE
MOUSE ENTER US11
DROPPED ON 11 FROM 0
IS A DIRT SAMPLE ? 35017
IT IS A DIRT SAMPLE
LIBS LIGHT 1
ALGAE RUN 0 0 30.695 31.05
ALG DLG 0 0 31.05 30.695
SERVER SAMPLE 153
SAMPLE TYPE IS 153
NEW SAMPLE Unknown 109.355 -29.4531
DRILL SAMPLE COMPLETE
DRILL SAMPLE COMPLETE
SURFACE SAMPLE COMPLETE
GOT A LQ SAMPLE  0  0.001
MOUSE ENTER US11
DROPPED ON 11 FROM 1
IS A DIRT SAMPLE ? 35022

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 04:37:43 AM »
I've been testing the survey mechanics.

The first time you take a surface sample, and then scan it with the LIBS, it'll show up on the map. If you hover you cursor over the marked spot, it'll show the pair of elements it has. If you then quit the program, start the program, and then reenter the game, the surface sample will only show one of the elements when you hover your cursor over the site.

Surface samples that have no value tend to show up on the map as core sample (pink color). Normal surface samples show up surface sample (green).

When you first take a survey sample, they show up pink. Later, when you quit the program and restart, it'll be green.

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 09:47:13 PM »
I tried to reset the game in an effort to clear my inventory of a rock sample, but it didn't work. I started the new game with a rock sample in my inventory, right where I left it. I know you can carry stuff in your inventory to the next mission phase (so you don't lose it), but I thought everything would reset on a new game.

I tried this again with fertilizer in my inventory, and the game started with me having fertilizer in my inventory.

I did find a way to finally get rid of that rock sample. The third module has a storage unit that I could put my rock sample in. Right next to the fabrication station.

As I said, next version will have a clear function.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:19:17 AM by Hyper »