Author Topic: Release 0.39  (Read 2802 times)

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
Release 0.39
« on: December 30, 2019, 12:45:57 PM »
VERSION POSTED
Your database files should be ok

The ability to log out of game, change characters back and forth is working (not sure it is fixed but it works here)
Issue with algae tank, fill it from can, set can down, pick it back up can still has water fixed.
Changed message on drill to "take core sample"
Radio placement now works as it should
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 07:10:27 PM by Hyper »

AC_Black

• Private
Re: Release 0.39
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 04:17:06 PM »
CTD  V0.39

adding fertilizer to plant bed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgn99d8k4yvxth2/console.log?dl=0
This file shows you had some issue with the drill please explain.

Had problem removing the test sample from the drill.  Tried 3 times, but had to pickup the drill set it back down and resend drill to get another sample.

This time just finished adding seeds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/barz435s99u4gz1/console-2.log?dl=0

Found a couple issues but not sure of the fix as I dont have the issue here.
Be sure to save the data files someplace safe so you can go back to the point of the crash.
V 0.40 should work properly.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 11:25:33 PM by AC_Black »

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 08:37:40 PM »
Sounds like a bug I encountered a while ago.

I can't harvest all my plants and plant new ones in one go. I have to exit the program half ways through and start her back up. If I don't do that, it'll crash in the latter half of my harvest. I'll lose all progress from the last save.
I have planted and harvested 2 sets with no crash. Is yours crashing on slot 12 as well ?

I can also make the game crash by collecting and testing too many soil samples.
Using the LIBS tester I assume?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 11:19:58 AM by Hyper »

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 04:47:43 PM »
I can't harvest all my plants and plant new ones in one go. I have to exit the program half ways through and start her back up. If I don't do that, it'll crash in the latter half of my harvest. I'll lose all progress from the last save.
I have planted and harvested 2 sets with no crash. Is yours crashing on slot 12 as well ?

Umm... what? Oh forget it. I'll explain in detail.

There are 6 planters, each able to be filled with 3 plants each, so the entire farm can have 18 plants at a given time. The crash I'm talking about happens when I harvest all of them and try to replant them. So 18 plants to be picked, 18 veges from processed plants, and another 18 seeds to plant...

I went to test this again. It crashed when I tried reseeding the 5th planter, when I tried putting the 2nd seed in. I had already took the plants from 4 other planters, processed the plants, stored the veges, and reseeded the planters.

I can also make the game crash by collecting and testing too many soil samples.
Using the LIBS tester I assume?

If I recall correctly, yes it crashed when I tried to use it. It only happened after I went out of my way to make it crash. I needed to take a lot of soil samples. Like take half the map in samples, then a dozen more from just outside module 1. I might have needed to take over 50 samples.

There is another problem I found with the water separator. If you try to filter more water than what will fit into your water tank, then the excess water will be lost. For instance, you had a water tank with 9.70 units of water, then filtering 0.5 units of water will cause the separator to remove 0.55 (0.5 + 0.05 for water separation) units of water, but the water tank will only gain 0.3 units of water.
The tank will only hold 10 units so 9.7 + 0.3 = 10 then it should force the slider to 0.. will look at that

The water filter doesn't process the amount of water that the slider says it does. If you try to process 0.1 units of water, it'll instead process 0.08 or 0.07 units of water. The other settings, 0.2 to 0.4 likewise don't filter the amount it says it does. Filter setting 0.5 however, does filter 0.5 units of water.
This is a simple string format error. 0.07 will format to 0.1 on the readout, I can add another decimal place

Do we need a solar panels for the first module? Could we swap it out for a RSG? The solar panels don't really have much of an impact on the game at this point. The heater does give out at some point, so it no longer drains the batteries. Its annoying, but survivable. Low temperatures in the modules don't seem to harm you.

The drill and augers could use a small improvement. When you select a drill, it has its depth set to 0. To change it, you have to delete the 0 and put in your desired depth. However, I think that having the 0 highlighted at the start, you could just type in some numbers instead of taking an extra step to delete the 0.
I can set this to null if the depth is 0 when you first open the dialog

I will work on these issues for 0.40
The solar panels has been a matter of debate. Friends in the industry tell me they will have them and in keeping with the simulator it makes sense that each progressive mission things get better engineered. I havent had much issue with them as long as I shut down the lights at night except for when I need them. Algae can be shut off after the test batch is run and they dont get as dirty as often. The first mission was only going to be 2 sols as the intent was to provide proof of water as the main target, lacking that all else would be a waste. Expense of a RSG wasn't warranted for the initial mission.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 04:44:23 PM by Hyper »