Author Topic: Release 0.41  (Read 3248 times)

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
Release 0.41
« on: January 10, 2020, 03:55:23 PM »
POSTED

Adding the minigames back in for making plastic, parts.
Drink water sliders should work properly now
separator waste > 4.9 will shut down the separator
game reset should not drop you in bad weather
temperature < 5 c will now cause cold damage
recover the black box will only show a random number of hits from 10 to 20 instead of all
Changing some code around to "try" to prevent crash. Not obvious what is causing it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 02:16:08 PM by Hyper »

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
Re: Release 0.41
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 02:07:29 PM »
I'm still having some problems with the water separators.

If I load the game up, then try to fill a separator with water too quickly, it'll replace the amount of water instead of increasing it. It seems to need time to load the correct numbers for how much water, oxygen, and hydrogen it has. So if you act too quickly, adding water will be adding water to a value of 0 instead of the amount it actually has. If you wait for the separator to load its number, then it'll add the water correctly. This doesn't appear to be related to how long you've been in the game. It seems to be dependent on how long you have had the separator menu open.

Strange. When I do this bug, it fills the tank to 5.20 instead of 5.00.

The slider has a slight bug. If you watch the separator fill the water tank, it'll fill the tank, the slider will move, but won't change the slider value. So if it was at 0.50, it'll continue to say 0.50. However, if you exit the separator menu and then open it again, it'll say 0.00.

Should be fixed in 0.42
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 11:10:24 AM by Hyper »

AC_Black

• Private
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 04:41:22 PM »
I can do the same with the water seperator.

I have a graphic bug,  there are 2 black lines around the char, both are squared, first one is about 10m's around the char the next is a bout 30m's.   When I walk around they move with me.   Quessing they are the char activation bars for the vortex as the ground graphics improve. Also weather, rads are at .02 rads, .80 pressure steady, no winds at all.    temp is working 034 to -27.   But no change in rads or atmos pressure.  This is external only, internal is steady .01 rads + 12 pressure

Seats up stairs.  There are two chairs upstairs, if you sit in the chair facing the elevator, then stand up you will fall through the floor and lose health lol.  If you sit in the seat facing the bed, (sitting and stand from bed is working fine.), you will be sitting in the seat facing the elevator every time, never facing the bed.   You can also stand up and not fall through the floor as long as you sit in the seat facing the bed.    But sit in the seat facing the elevator, then stand up you will fall through the floor every time.   Starting chapter 2

Seats upstairs in the farm hab

seat looking at food and water dispenser you cannot get out of, no message on screen (Done resting).  Must leave game to get out of seat.  Also you also get cold damage while sitting in this seat.   Same as hab if you click on the seat facing the bed you still end up back in the seat facing the food water dispensers.

The only purpose for the seat was for landing effect. They were not intended to be used again since it served no purpose. So I either make them a one shot meaning once you stand up they can't be interacted with or I take the time to make them usable. What do you guys think ?
Depending on your time, I would keep them and use the seats.   For now put them as 1 time use.    Thinking they could be used for accessing the onboard PC to check on what to do.  I sit while waiting for the Rads to go down, for now I use the bed.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 01:14:16 PM by AC_Black »

AC_Black

• Private
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 08:07:13 PM »
CTD 41 https://www.dropbox.com/s/a54i94zda7nx1ct/console.log?dl=0
This log shows it crashed setting the tooltip for the object. I put a echo trap in there for next round. That tooltip function is called alot without fail so something to do with a plant, seed, fert must be the issue.

Had just put in .25 water in plant bed, was about to put in fertilizer when I crashed.  First time I crashed on this bed..
Had you finished a complete cycle at this point? 18 plants, grown, harvested then second round this happened?

Sorry got a cold and not in the mod to play...   I have just finished the first round of growing and starting the second round of growing.  Have 6 planters ready to pick.  Age starting at 249.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hhwoqmofyn1ibc/console%20copy.log?dl=0
is the end of this log file where it crashed ? I assume it was, shows nothing out of place.

Have 3 planters (left all Zuccini)  (right Tomato, beans, potato).  Starting with front left can pick all Zuccini then (rear planter) potato, beans.
I replant as I go, pick, process, take 1 fert, water, 3 seeds, plant then pick the next planter.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 11:08:58 AM by Hyper »

LostMartian

• MCCS Test
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 12:39:02 PM »
Pardon my absence. I've been feeling a little bit burnt out. If you have something that needs testing, I'll give it a look. Otherwise, I'll be happy to take some time off.

As for features. I don't think we really need the ability to sit down on a chair or lie down on a bed. I wouldn't miss them if you decide to remove them. I think its enough that they are there. Make the place look like you can actually live there on Mars. The players probably don't want it to be too realistic and spend 10 or 20 minutes sleeping, doing nothing.

I'm having second thoughts about the toilet. In other versions of the game (Challenger and Frontier), human waste is used to make fertilizer. I would like to have features be consistent between the different versions. So I'm thinking that maybe there needs to be some way to bring the waste from to the farm module so it could be used as an ingredient in making fertilizer.

As for plastic, maybe you should mix algae with plant waste instead of an unprocessed plant. Make plant waste to be a thing you can remove from the farm module so you could bring it over to the fabrication module and make plastic with it.
I understand burnout and time off. I have been a bit sick lately myself.
Not sure the toilet would serve much purpose. Remember this game in the story line is first contact scenario. We don't plan on being there long. The whole purpose is:
1 find water
2 prove you can grow food
3 extract in minerals refine them and have the ability to manufacture at least repair parts.
Once this is proven, then Frontier is viable and at that point we would bring more capability.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 03:16:44 PM by Hyper »