Author Topic: Flares and Markers  (Read 4158 times)

Bamman

• Private
Flares and Markers
« on: December 23, 2009, 06:41:35 PM »
I was thinking it would be nice and very helpful to have flares!
Example: your out Mining and your rover breaks down in the middle of know were and there's a storm coming and your starving (poor guy he's got it bad) so u have a set of Flares and Markers(like how I got the title in there :D) so you pop a red flare for help I need rescuing, andyour near by rescuers see the smoke and come save you! I'm sure you've all been lost before and you had to give you're coordinets which still takes time for the others to figure out where you are, and what if your behind a mountain? Then they wouldn't even see you!
Another Example: once again your mining but this time you find a massive source of a rescource that could be anything from plants saving fertilizer to priceless gold!!! Unfortunatly your drills broken and you were in the perfect spot to mine and the other colnists don't seem to care that you found a new rescource, so to remember where it is and to put it on the map so every one can see it you put a"mining marker"! So you go back, fix your drill and comeback and get samples and find out you found GOLD!!!!!!!!! :o you get rich and you buy all the fertilizer the colony could ever need!( not very likely I know)!
But any way I was thinking there would be several types of flares and markers to mean different thinks of course! Like a red flares so your rescuers can find you. And a red marker to apear on the map to show that your found a new rescources and to show that we already know what it is so someone doesn't waste there time mining it again. Well it's just a suggestion but what do you guys think? Have any other colours?

Zaneo

• Captain
Re: Flares and Markers
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 06:47:47 PM »
Off topic, will there ever be a sense of ownership on land? Just a philosophical question about how we will run things.

Bamman

• Private
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »
Yhea I was wondering that too, maybe we will stake our claim like the pioneers. 

thedubman

• Mission Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 07:03:49 PM »
At claiming land, I think Hyper has a 'Homesteading' idea in place. Buy some land (u start in debt) and survey and mine your own plot, with a small personal hab, and mining equipment. You have to speak to Hyper to confirm.
@ Flares and Markers, great idea. Could map out efficent routes for travel with them. Maybe a beacon (like a light on a 'stick') stuck in ground with pulsing light..

Bamman

• Private
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 07:09:19 PM »
That's a good idea Marcus, aboutthe beacons for maybe roads? I think there's another topic I read about that. I remember talking to Hyper about flares but he had to go before he could read it. Hey Marcus we never found that gold we were hoping to claim did we? :(

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 07:20:34 PM »
Ownership of land needs to be in a different thread.
Markers will be added when I get a chance. Thinking about a tripod thing you take out and drop, has a glowing or blinking light on it. Can also fire a laser up into the sky some for a beam marker. I will address this soon as I get some other stuff done.

Zaneo

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 07:33:02 PM »
I brought i up because say you find gold.. you want ownership.... That way nobody can steal it and cause inflation.