Author Topic: To help connections...  (Read 4174 times)

thedubman

• Mission Commander
To help connections...
« on: May 25, 2010, 05:50:14 PM »
I have noticed  on demo/mcs/ when somebody who is trying to join and there name is not added, server gets a _has joined colony/ has left colony- allthougth this gives indication of a unknown player joining, it normally means a player leaves/server closes etc. so that messages,fourms,emails get checked for join game requests. This can cause some confusion/aborted starts/timed out etc.

Was wondering if during the unknown/not added player joining, the server could display name of player attempting to play- this would allow for games between known players, if they join unexpectedly, to have there name added (if desired so)..

Agree that games should/would be organised previously, but its not uncommon to just load up, search and see a sim up with players you know..

Also (lol) as the Mars sims series features  world wide international crews, timezones of players are all over the place (try working out tz from New zealand to UK to Central USA to Central Europe on the fly). As Geoff Cartwright said, we need some sort of timezone converter either on the fourum or seperate software. Be nice to see some "clocks" on hyperkat forum showing time through out the world yes but sep software would do..
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:37:13 PM by thedubman »

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
Re: To help connections...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 08:32:14 PM »
Here, I made some clocks on a webpage from some available on the internet.   If you don't like the cities and countries I can pick different ones.  Or you can make your own file from the html codes http://www.worldtimeserver.com/clocks/ spits out.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:35:51 PM by profit004 »

Marco2001

• Mission Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »
Also helpfoul: http://www.qlock.com/

Poland here. My time: GMT + 1h
Writing a book about Mars. Any ideas? Type to me.
I'am an Astrobiology/Biology student.

thedubman

• Mission Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 02:49:13 PM »
Nice links there, shall be used!

Ivanpet

• MCOTest
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 03:36:31 PM »
true helpfull this page !!! congrat again Marco ;)

geoffcartwright

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 04:28:14 PM »
excellent job boys -