Author Topic: Idea: make our avatar fatigue a little faster if the temprature is below 20°C  (Read 3431 times)

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
Just an idea, but I do know 10°C for many is really cold, and I do know it is tiring to be exposed constantly to cold.... So... it would give one more variable for players to think about if they were forced to be cold. Might even enhance some gameplay aspects by giving a tangible result for your efforts of staying warm.

*for reference I think 25°C would be about room temperature on mars, because I expect the air to be quite dry in the habs as the moisture would condense on all exposed walls.

* of course make it a sliding scale so at 19 it is hardly noticeable but at 2°C it is very rapid fatigue with a need to rest every short bit.

Just a thought though.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:51:26 PM by profit004 »

Marco2001

• Mission Commander
The same goes to high temperatures. If EVA suit or HAB has the temp. above 30 deg. it's troublesome. Organism starts to dehydrate very fast and stamina drops badly.

Poland here. My time: GMT + 1h
Writing a book about Mars. Any ideas? Type to me.
I'am an Astrobiology/Biology student.

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
Yeah, that's true as well.. but mars it seems to be more of a problem to stay warm than to stay cool.

Eldruin

• Captain
well the human body's temperature is between 32 to 37c, so i think 17 to 19c room temperature would be ideal without to too much power consumption.

there are study's on how the human body reacts\adapts to low temperatures, and yes 10c would cause longterm exposure problems.. 15c maybe i don't know :P but you would think 16 17 or 18c would be the magic number!

also apparently the ideal room temperature for humans is 20 to 21c