Author Topic: EVA Oxy flow rate - Idea  (Read 5482 times)

Marco2001

• Mission Commander
EVA Oxy flow rate - Idea
« on: April 08, 2011, 10:59:20 AM »
EVA Oxy flow rate

Each EVA suit has it's power and oxygen reserves.
We can heat-up the suit when it's cold, which uses a lot of the batteries power.
We can also turn-off the heat if the temperature outside is ok.
But what about the oxygen?

Each EVA suit has an air flow-rate. Astronaut can adjust the level of that process which removes CO2, adds O2, removes unwanted water wapour and cleans the air.
Astronauts can adjust that system input power from 12.4 to 42 W.

When Flow-rate is set high, astronaut get's more oxygen to breathe, less CO2 that is toxic, and less vater vapour that makes an astronaut sweat. By setting the flow-rate high, astronaut gets a STAMINA bonus. It cery usefoul when they need to do some tiring things. On the other hand - the increased flow-rate uses a little more power, but LOTS of oxygen reserves.

When Flow-rate is set to minimum, astronaut get's very little oxygen, and the concentration of CO2 and water vapour is as high enough as it can get for a life-support. That means that astronaut is totaly exhausted, and has NO STAMINA whatsoever. On the bright side - he does save a little of the suit's power on the flow-rate cycle, and A LOT OF OXYGEN. It is a greate way to conserve oxygen over time, when you don't need to do physical work. If by instance...you ware hurt and needed medical assistance on Mars, you would just sit tight, lover your flow-rate to buy additional hours of air, and wait for rescue.

Summary:
High Flow-rate --> Lot's of Stamina for your character. Oxygene droping rapidly. A little more power usage.
Low Flow-rate --> Little (or none) of Stamina for your character. Oxygen is conserved and drops very slowly. A litte power is saved.

Poland here. My time: GMT + 1h
Writing a book about Mars. Any ideas? Type to me.
I'am an Astrobiology/Biology student.

Ivanpet

• MCOTest
  • Mission Commander
Re: EVA Oxy flow rate - Idea
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 04:59:12 AM »
Agreed Marco, this will be very usefoul for realism. You are a true inspiration source Marco  ;) , I'm shure Hyper shall take care with these ideas when time will come. Anyway we (the testers) we must be patient because (I know) for implement this ideeas in game isn't easy job.
In adittion I want to say oance again: CONGRATULATION Hyper for your work !!!.

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 01:56:01 PM »
Not to be a drag, but this does add to the overall complexity, and  I do not see where this will fit nicely into the UI.

outzoner

• Mission Commander
  • new Toys for me!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 08:19:57 AM »
....i think it would increase the reality in the game....when you have to stay and wait for help you can adjust oxy-level to get more time....

most of the time it will be untouched-you are running on defauld adjustments...

-but i cant say how much work this is.  

.....but i like the idea
Volunteer for one-way-mission!

Jeno

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
I fully agree this is a very good idea!

In the game if u carry heavy equipments like drill your stamina drop rather fast, so with this feature a player can can use up more O2 but lets say carry items longer, or save up O2. This feature would be a good combination with the EVA energy management (EVA heating)