Author Topic: Happy Easter all  (Read 4639 times)

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
Happy Easter all
« on: April 24, 2011, 12:49:02 PM »
If you are Christian may your observance of the Resurrection of Christ be excellent.  Or if you are pagan, May your observance of the Goddess Estere descending from heaven in a multi-colored egg be excellent.

If you are none of the above, ahh well hope your day is still nice =)

thedubman

• Mission Commander
Re: Happy Easter all
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 02:06:23 PM »
Thanks!

There are many simularaties to the different religions,.. I dont practice any relgion as such but here we are celebrating and event that supposed to happen 2000yrs ago ...

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 04:26:09 PM »
Ahh, I am sure God does not mind =)  If he really wanted a certain religion he would have made sure we all followed it.  He even makes atheists... So... Obviously he wants lots of opinions =)

thedubman

• Mission Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 04:53:38 PM »
Well being British and the way religion is potrayed here is pretty laid back, I cant say I belive in  God as potrayed in the bible (the bible has been re-written, mis interipated etc) but I definitally belive in the possiblites of a super powerfull being (s) that have the power to create life on a planetary scale (with technology). Personally I belive that the story of Christ was really a visitation of a advanced alien race. I can belive more that we where visited by a techological  advanced alien species that detected and obsevered the ability of a fledgeling human race, which in time contacted us. Using technology they looked like us and tried to teach us how to advance (using law and order) as well as introducing farming techiques, metal work, sciences etc etc... I remeber being read a passage from the bible which went something like "..and the angels of Gabriel came down from the heaven on silvery chariots spewing fire and brimstone.." sounds like a ship landing too me...

With saying that I have the upmost respect to pepole who follow a religion as it must be nice to have belief in a system of religion..

Lol I shut up now..
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:55:39 PM by thedubman »

Hyper

• Administrator
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 07:34:03 PM »
As long as the Bunny poops out some jelly beans I'm happy....

profit004

• MCCS Test
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 11:00:19 PM »
As long as the Bunny poops out some jelly beans I'm happy....

Now the Easter rabbit is quite a tale....

Ostara/Eastre saved the life of a bird whose wings had been frozen by the snow. She made him her lover, and  since he could no longer fly, Ostara turned him into a snow hare and gave him the gift of being able to run with incredible speed so he could protect himself from hunters.

Since he was a bird in the past, and he missed being a bird, the goddess granted him the powers to lay eggs like other birds do even though he was a rabbit.

outzoner

• Mission Commander
  • new Toys for me!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 07:52:01 AM »
eastern has become a kind of panic here.   "what can we buy for him,  maybe his gift is a bit more expensive..."  and somewhat.

its very strange to me,  my parents gave some sweets or placed them at hidden places and i had to look for them....

for me, its just a free day,  this year i have got the right weather to cruise around,  maybe sit down at the river and enjoy the sunshine.

nice eastern to all of you!
Volunteer for one-way-mission!