Author Topic: Numbered Rovers  (Read 7021 times)

outzoner

• Mission Commander
  • new Toys for me!!!
Numbered Rovers
« on: August 22, 2011, 06:53:44 AM »
I just want to know, if its possible to  get a number on the rovers that you can see from the outside. i know there will be new ones when art-work gets further....but is it possible to give them a number like a "01" at the sides?   or maybe a different colour of the stripes "blue,red,yellow and green for example" 

i guess its easy to talk about them ("no, not the empty one! the one with the boxes...")   and it could be easier to plan your work order ...( rover 03 to service because of damage ,01 and 02 at geo....04 is on standby)

maybe programm uses always same "design-data" for each of them...then it would be too much work to change that... 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:55:31 AM by outzoner »
Volunteer for one-way-mission!

Jclark919

• Private
Re: Numbered Rovers
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:31:02 AM »
yha that sound goo possibly a medical one with more than 2 seats for emergencies.

Jeno

• Private
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:36:37 PM »
I just want to know, if its possible to  get a number on the rovers that you can see from the outside. i know there will be new ones when art-work gets further....but is it possible to give them a number like a "01" at the sides?   or maybe a different colour of the stripes "blue,red,yellow and green for example" 

i guess its easy to talk about them ("no, not the empty one! the one with the boxes...")   and it could be easier to plan your work order ...( rover 03 to service because of damage ,01 and 02 at geo....04 is on standby)

maybe programm uses always same "design-data" for each of them...then it would be too much work to change that...
Very good, and useful idea!
IMO big numbers on both sides of the rovers would be the most visible solution...

Ivanpet

• MCOTest
  • Mission Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 01:56:01 PM »
also it will be verry useful a back view mirror for rover  ;)

Marco2001

• Mission Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »
Rovers will be changed - hyper said.
As for the back-mirror - we have the "Z" key.  :)

Poland here. My time: GMT + 1h
Writing a book about Mars. Any ideas? Type to me.
I'am an Astrobiology/Biology student.

outzoner

• Mission Commander
  • new Toys for me!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 04:52:04 AM »
yes.....Hyper allready said that there will be new ones-  i just wanted to ask if its possible...
Volunteer for one-way-mission!